Cryptozoological Swap Gallery

And they have matching teeth (teef ?)

3 Likes

That tote rocks!

4 Likes

Your Yeti is just as fantastic as you said! How freaking cute!!! But the toof! Squee!!

And the embroidered tote! I love BadBirds! And still want to make her day of the week patterns! I love your execution! Awesome!

4 Likes

I didn’t even realize it was BadBirds! I found the image on Pinterest and thought it was a coloring page. Now I’ve traveled down the BadBird rabbit hole!

4 Likes

I may or may not have spent an afternoon amassing all the patterns of hers I could find. She originally released them monthly? as freebies. And had a HUGE Flickr following of people who stitched her patterns in the early aughts. Did you know she was on Cster for awhile?

You can even tell when she rebranded from Bad Birds to Andrea Zuill (her name). She writes and illustrates children’s books.

I have several top favs I want to stitch. Some of them are monsters! Did you find any you loved?

3 Likes

That’s very cool I didn’t know any of that! Yes, there were several of her patterns that I added to my pattern collection. We could have a BadBirds craft along !

3 Likes

A revival!! Yes! We should chat later!

3 Likes

I’m in if it happens!

3 Likes

@bethntim that is such a cute Bigfoot/Yeti package. The Yeti looks so snuggly and the tote is absolute perfection. I love that expression on his face.
Neat info about BadBird. I will have to look them up!

1 Like

These swap packages are both amazing! I can’t wait to see what everyone else gets!

2 Likes

I received the most adorable package from @Bunny1kenobi

Bigfoot and yeti best buds! I had asked for a small unhooped hoopla

This Cryptid Club sticker

And these killer Jackalope cards! Which I was in desperate need of my stationery stash was getting painfully low

What an awesome and fun swap this was!

14 Likes

Yay! Glad they arrived safely!

I may have to make myself a set of those cards! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And I had to order one of those stickers for myself, too! So glad I saw it on your Pinterest!

3 Likes

Ah! I somehow missed the gallery!

Love the rainbow tail on that hippocampus.

The little ami yeti is adorable!! And I love that embroidery!

Ack! Yeti and BF together! Swoon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi I love that embroidery! It is so darling. They look so cute together. The cards are cool too. I like the black and white vs the gradient colors. Plus, as LC peeps, we can always use notecards!

2 Likes

OMG Yeti and Bigfoot love fest!!

3 Likes

Awwww. They are so adorable! :blush:

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi & @bethntim what a great set of packages! The matching peekaboo teeth on mini yeti and big foot are priceless! And the hand-holding embroidery is beautiful. Those jackalope cards! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cryptid look so classy!

3 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

I am amused that @bethntim and I both went with yeti and Bigfoot! And embroidery!

5 Likes

I like that they’re both similar and yet so different as well!

I almost went with big foot theme, but didn’t. I’m glad I won’t be compared to these amazing pieces of art :blush:

4 Likes