Cryptozoological Swap Gallery

I’ve missed so much. That Bigfoot tote is all kinds of amazing and I loved that hoopless hoop.

5 Likes

Wow, this gallery is looking fabulous already!!

@Bugaboo the hippocampus is adorable!! and I love the shirt too!

@bethntim such wonderful stitching!! and the facial expressions on the bigfoot and yeti make me laugh!

@Bunny1kenobi those are sweetest little friends!! aaaww :heart:

3 Likes

I received from @Fonduie!! I love it!! The Jersey Devil in all its glory:

The black background makes her stitches pop and I know Mr. Road is going to love it, too.

Thank you so much! Now I think mine might be too small…

20 Likes

Wow @Fonduie, that is quite spooky! fabulous stitching!!

3 Likes

Oooh, awesome Jersey Devil! That would definitely make a fantastic Halloween decoration, too!

2 Likes

So cool! What does the 1735 mean?

1 Like

From The NJ Council for the Humanities:

“According to the legend, in 1735 South Jersey matriarch Mary Leeds was giving birth to her 13th child at her home in the Pine Barrens when, out of exhaustion, she cursed the unborn baby. What happened next? The child was born with wings, hooves, a tail, and a thirst for the blood of animals.”

8 Likes

Thank you! I could have just googled that myself. :crazy_face: Thank you for sharing that :blush:

3 Likes

I received from @chameleonhound

This is an awesome package!

I got a spooky nessie 3d picture, some googly monsters for my kids, and a Ned Flanders Parlangua.

Thanks so much, I love everything!

15 Likes

Ah! That photo is so awesome! I wanted to do something similar but couldn’t get the logistics right. This is an example of perfect execution! :star_struck:

2 Likes

If you can’t tell it’s 3D, here’s some different angles. Glad you liked it, @momiemae!

18 Likes

OMG the 3d image is amazing!!! and the Jersey Devil is perfect!

1 Like

@Bunny1kenobi - super cute stitching! 2 sweet besties.

@Fonduie! That cross stitch is utter perfection! So many tiny stitches. And the black adia really makes your stitches pop!

@chameleonhound! The 3D shadowbox is so clever. The sketch against the foggy background with the old photo is so well done, as if it is out of an old newspaper magazine. Caught in an instant.

But the sketch is truly fantastic. His eyes, the scales, the spikes, the teeth! I really like how you captured the angle of his face coming out of the water. Excellent gift!

3 Likes

I received from @Edel today! Thank you so much! I love my entire package! :hearts:

Here is everything together:

I slipped my current wip (a cabled blanket) inside the tote. It’s perfect! So sturdy, practical, and absolutely gorgeous!

She went with my love of pink for the outer bag fabric. I love the text on the bag… The best is yet^i to come. :rofl: And the yeti with his two toofs. Omg. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And you guys… IT HAS POCKETS INSIDE!

She didn’t stop there! She also made me a cute Nessie pouch. It will be perfect for storing my crochet hook, tiny scissors, and other notions I may need for my current wip. I can slip Nessie inside one of the inner tote pockets to keep everything together!

And the card she included is so fun and I love the Kraken image on it!

You definitely spoiled me, Edel! Thank you soooooo much for my awesome package. I wish I’d been able to send more, but shipping costs prohibited me from being able to do so. But I hope you’ll like what I sent!

15 Likes

Wow! Great stuff! The 3D picture is sooo cool! And the tote! And Nessie pouch!

Great gallery!

4 Likes

Wow that got there fast. I’m glad you like it x

2 Likes

Wow, I’ve been lurking and everything is so awesome, I love cryptids and the variety of talents and projects here is amazing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I grew up in the pine barrens, home of the Jersey devil, there are trails and billboards and all kinds of local lore there!

4 Likes

@Fonduie that is an epic Jersey Devil! He looks suitably menacing. :scream_cat:

@chameleonhound the 3D picture is seriously cool - what an amazing effect!

@edel the bag itself is great, but the text and yeti face put it over the top.

Amazing work, folks! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I feel so awful because I received a while ago and then things got crazy and I went out of town, but I truly love my package from @Dfabbric. She made me the sweetest kitchen towel in my kitchens colors and with a custom embroidery!

Just look at this! It has a cute little Yeti Pegleg!!! That’s my kitties name. Ha! I love it so much. Here is a close up of the incredible embroidery.

Look at that smiling little face! I love it so much. Thank you Dfabbric. This is the cutest towel in the world!

16 Likes