Cryptozoological Swap Gallery

@roler - That hoop is so fun and I love the way Nessie stands out from the background. I love the bead eye too. :wink:

@jemimah - I adore your artwork so much. That jackalope is amazing and I love the style of your bird. Both are inspiring!

5 Likes

I’m so glad you like your jackalope! It was a lot of fun to paint.

Nessie is adorable @roler! Gorgeous moody colours too.

I think my parcel is the last one still to arrive - maybe it will be here today :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I have tracked your package and it has a weird message.
It has said out for delivery since the 21st, but the green tracker hasn’t moved? Do you think it’s been misplaced? Should you call about it? Or is this normal?

1 Like

Sadly it means it may have gotten lost. But not necessarily. I mailed a Grinch doll to my uncle. It was going to Olympia, WA. It arrived in Seattle, then got sent to New Jersey (somewhere along the way, the barcode sticker fell off. Rather than fix it in Seattle, they sent it to some major distribution center in NJ :woman_shrugging:t2:), then made its way back to Seattle, and finally to Olympia. There should be a more detailed section of tracking you can view. I hope this is the case!

I’m pretty sure the international customs form numbers from the post office don’t always offer real tracking through every stop on the way. (That’s how it works from this end anyway - if you actually want your package tracked it costs way more.) My guess is this just means it’s been checked by customs and on its way.

It’s really unlikely it’s been misplaced, I’m sure it will get here :grinning:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:
I had to add text in order to send this. LOL!

In my experience, the shipping company will mark it this way when it’s been picked up by the destination country. And you just lose sight of it until it’s delivered.

I wouldn’t give up just yet!

2 Likes

Cool. I haven’t done much shipping from overseas lately. I wasn’t sure.

2 Likes

@gozer
@jemimah
@JoyfulClover Thank you, yes, that would be my first thought, too!! Chicago and New York are main international customs and shipping centers for outgoing/incoming items. I will see if I can get ahold of someone at the Post Office tomorrow, though. They may not answer the phones (badly understaffed still since Covid), but I will try! Praying it isn’t lost, and that this just means it’s gone overseas and is travelling sneakily through the New Zealand countryside to get to you!

Edited to add:
Yay! I just checked on the full desktop USPS website, and the additional details show the following:
“Your item was processed through our CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on June 21, 2021 at 7:33 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Status updates beyond the United States are only available for select countries.”
So it is definitely not cause for concern yet! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Yay! I’m sure it will get here. Our mail is very reliable, just a bit slow because there are are fewer flights atm. I’m looking forward to seeing it :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh good! I am sure it is on it’s way. I am still not used to how slow mail is nowadays.

1 Like

The package I sent to @jemimah in a different swap went Fayetteville, NC. Then to Miami, back up to NY, then to Tokyo, Japan! I mailed it June 3…today, it says it departed Auckland and is on its way!

It is weird how some things get delivered so quickly and others do not! Hang in there!

4 Likes

Oh, so excited to see it! :grin: Auckland is only 3 hours drive away - it should be here today or Monday!

4 Likes

That baby jackalope is sooooo cute! And the Nessie hoop is excellent! How fun that Laura had been there!

4 Likes

I got my much anticipated parcel from @EriChanHime this morning!!

She made me a wonderful - and hilarious - tree octopus embroidery! :octopus: :evergreen_tree: :rofl:

She also sent a lovely pile of extras - postcard, gorgeous Japanese stickers and embellishments, and a wonderful Godzilla bookmark :heart:

Thank you so much for a beautiful and generous package! :smile: :sparkles: :cherry_blossom:

12 Likes

lol such a humorous collection of things!

2 Likes

Well now I knoe how some of my friends have stuck!

Such tiny, hilarious stitches @EriChanHime !

4 Likes

The lettering is fantastic on that hoopless hoop, funny too!

And that completes the swap! Whew, LOL! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Awesome! The tree octopus is hysterical!!

2 Likes

Thank you for hosting @gozer!!

3 Likes