Cup ramen!

This was the design my son wanted for his Valentine box. I was able to snag a frosting bucket from work (we have a bakery section in our store and go through a lot of this stuff!) and found a design I was able to trace and cut out. Of course the face details didnt want to cut or transfer correctly so one side has a markered-on nose :woman_shrugging:t3:
It’s not finished, we will cut a hole in the lid and hot glue the yarn all around the lid and rim, and have some strands hanging down like it’s an overflowing cup of noodles. I’ll toss a picture in here when we finish.

So then I looked at my work cup and decided it needed a fresh new look as well. I shrunk the design down and warped it to fit the cup shape…

…and then whipped up another design for the other side!

22 Likes

These are ridiculously cute!

2 Likes

Haha…great design. Love that this was his idea for his Valentine box. My son had a Maruchan shirt that he wore to threads!

1 Like

So clever and fun!

What a fun idea, I love the addition of the noodles to his bucket and the ‘send noods’ on your cup - :rofl::joy:!

These are hilariously fantastic! I love that he came up with the idea and you executed it so well! I can’t wait to see the finished picture! Smart of you to get the most of your effort by using it to update your work cup, too! “Send noods”! HA!

What a clever idea! Totally adorable, too. Ramen for the win!

I think it’s done but I feel like I might go back and add more because that’s what I do.

8 Likes

It looks great! But wait—isn’t it too late to get Valentines?

We are part of a homeschooling group and we have our rollerskating/Valentine’s party tomorrow!

3 Likes

Omg I LOVE THIS!!

What a fun idea! How creative for this and for the cup. :slight_smile:

Winner winner chicken dinner!

11 Likes

:boom: Woohoo!! This fantastic project is featured this week! :boom:

1 Like

My son is also addicted to the ramen! This is perfect!

Ok, so many great things about this! First the idea & execution are deliciously spot on nomnom! Then I just love seeing an older kid still excited about a school Valentines event! Mine teens are super bummers about all that & I miss being fun together.
Last, he won something? Because it’s so cool, of course!

1 Like

Flippin’ amazing!

Yes, he won a gift card to 5 Below! So did my youngest son - even though he just reused an old card box from a previous year :grimacing:

4 Likes

Ya, that shark box is awesome too!

Congrats to both of them!