Curiosities Display

Who doesn’t love a curiosity cabinet?? I made a little display inside a 6x6 inch chipboard shadowbox to show off some of my favorite little things.

The eggs were made from poly clay scraps.

The mineral display case is made from a queen cage. When you buy a package of bees it comes with a queen bee trapped inside a queen cage that is sealed with a sugar plug. Her worker bee attendants will eat through the sugar to release her into the hive. I removed the screen front and added a woodgrain paper to the top.

That feather is stuck inside a shark vertebrae I got when we visited Fanning Island.

I picked up those shark teeth on Daytona Beach when I was a kid. They are glued onto a section of tongue depressor.

It was fun sifting through my stash for this one!

23 Likes

That turned out so great! I love a curio cabinet and mini just makes it even better!

This is stunning! I absolutely love all of the details and the repurposing of the queen cage.

1 Like

This is glorious; I love the eggs & the shark tooth display especially!

Were the tiny butterflies a previous project, or did you acquire them from somewhere?

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Thanate, they were from a collage sheet of tiny butterflies that I double printed and did some fussy cutting on. Super happy with the outcome.

1 Like

Super cool!

1 Like

This is just so packed with cool!!!

1 Like

Wow! What a cool shadow box!

1 Like

Man, oh man, this is so fantastically fun to look at!

1 Like

Fascinating. Are the skulls real, or did you make them, or??

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! @steiconi the skulls were a gift, I think they came from etsy. I agree, they look so real

1 Like

i LOVE this

1 Like

What a wonderful idea, I love the wall paper treatment of a World map I guess? Those little eggs and butterflies are so adorably cute. Great stuff!

1 Like

Thanks all! @Makiyonah the map is from a Seven Gypsies paper called Sirene.

1 Like