Current art journal pages

Trying to get out of a creative slump at the end of the year, I started playing with paper and bits I had at my desk to make collages, etc and started throwing them all in the same little paper notebook. I brought down to my work desk from my craft desk, some saved bits of paper and photos from old swaps that I hadn’t used and well, here are a few of my favorite pages…

The cover

First sketch

18 Likes

Wonderful art journal pages!
Looks like you had a lot of creative fun.

2 Likes

It does look like creative fun! I can’t help but love the carpincho/capybara the most!

3 Likes

I can just imagine the fun you had working on this. Love the pages; thanks for sharing them.

2 Likes

I love the cherry blossom page :hugs:

2 Likes

great pages! cute little monster - love the shading/stipling you put on him.

No pressure, but feel free to join us in the Art Journaling craftalong!

2 Likes

These are very sweet. I love the monster!

2 Likes

The monster is soooo cute!

1 Like

Love it!!! I just remodeled the WFH/Craft Studio and its great, my paper crafting items, on a different worktop, but within reach of my work desk has been wonderful. I sit in a meeting, eyes rolling LOUDLY, and I just grab a tid bit and glue some stuff together instead of responding :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds like a good plan. I’ve been practising my poker face during meetings, it’s very tough. Seems like my desk needs a re-org!

I can roll my eyes very loudly!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thankfully we strongly discourage the use of cameras as do our customers (saves bandwidth lol) I’m suppose to find a picture of myself to set as my profile to put face with name - it may need to be an abstract mix media type silhouette otherwise they may call for EAP services ASAP (not photogenic!) But, that means during 2 meetings I didn’t really need to be in, my altered book got some more glue!

2 Likes

It totally is - I am an account manager so I HAVE to be on video all day everyday. My poker face has significantly improved but I do have my days.

1 Like