Cursed birthday cake

If my mom didn’t like someone she always said “I hope their cornbread sticks”. Nothing hurts worse for a prideful southern woman than to have her cornbread stick. So that was my moms “curse” for anyone she didn’t like. When she passed that curse was put on me. It’s been 2 years and I haven’t had a pone of cornbread, cake, muffin, or biscuit not stick. No matter what I use. I guess it’s her way of letting me know she’s still around :joy:
And honestly I wouldn’t change it for the world!
Had to make a birthday cake for my boss
How it started:

How it ended (thankfully I redeemed myself)

21 Likes

Haha, I would so mutter a “thanks mom” every time. :smile: If a curse can be happy, it’s surely this one!

The cake is 100% redeemed, curse and all!

4 Likes

Sometimes I’ll text my brother and say “come get your mother!”

4 Likes

Wow, what a magnificent cake it turned out to be! I’ll bet your boss was so impressed and so excited.

Maybe try lining some of your pans with parchment paper if you ever decide you want to lift that curse…

4 Likes

It turned about beautifully!

Your story made me smile. :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve recently been considering how I might haunt my loved ones should I die before they do and this have given me a new avenue to consider! The cake is gorgeous and I’m sure your boss was super tickled to receive it!

7 Likes

We all need a plan like this! :joy:
The birthday boy was super happy

9 Likes

The story was amazing and sweet. The cake looks just as amazing and sweet!

1 Like

“I hope their cornbread sticks”! Hoo, your mama was spicy!
Great looking cake. I’m sure she’d be so proud.

1 Like

Ooh! You pulled it off and it turned out great!

1 Like

You aren’t kidding! At her service her minister, HER MINISTER-MAN OF THE CLOTH, said, “if Mary Ruth didn’t like you she’d tell ya!”

2 Likes

Awesome. She sounds like an amazing human :slight_smile:

1 Like