Cushion covers, soft & squishy!

Someone’s beloved security cushions were in need of refreshing and I just happened to have some very soft, fuzzy, squishy minky sort of fabric in their fave colours.

I used this fantastic video tutorial for adding a zipper next to piping, it’s seriously excellent. Look, you can hardly see the placket at all. It’s facing up on both covers in the photo below, all that shows is the line of stitching.

I’ve had that fabric for so long I’ve forgotten what I even meant to do with it. I was thisclose to destashing it to the thrift store, so glad a project came up for it just in time!

Added:

18 Likes

They look very snuggly and cozy!

1 Like

They do look so soft & squishy! Love the colors…and nice details…piping and a concealed zipper!

2 Likes

I had to go out for the piping cord & right coloured zippers. I didn’t use the no-dog ear trick this time though, just trying to get 'em both done on the same day, lol.

1 Like

I want to snuggle those … :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like

They look perfect for cuddling up to!

1 Like

So cozy and so comfy looking!

1 Like

Major squish factor!!! Lovely work

1 Like

OOH. I love those fabrics. I wanna snuggle!

1 Like

There was some fabric left over that I just didn’t want to put back into stash so I went to the fabric shop for a bolster form & made a cover for it to go with the cushions. I added a pic to the first post. Our guest is back home & setting up her room with a new bed so I think she’s going to love this extra comfort item :slight_smile:

1 Like

They look deliciously squishy, and beautifully sewn too, wow those zippers!