Custom IKEA dresser repaint

So my quarantine project has been assembling, repainting, and finishing an IKEA dresser and replacing an older one that had broken. And today, I finished the process!

So hereโ€™s the finished piece.

I started with a basic Ikea HEMNES dresser in black/brown color.

And I assembled the entire thing by myself.

Then I painted the entire thing by myself:

I even ordered different knobs to better match the new color. The old ones were just a flat, dirty chrome color and the new ones were an oil rubbed bronze color with a bit of detail.
41zUbJcxG2L.AC

All together, Iโ€™m super happy with how it came out. Nothing was particularly difficult or unique in the process, but it really came out great and Iโ€™m very pleased with having done it all myself. And it looks so much more custom and expensive with the improvements.

18 Likes

Nicely done! I love the color you chose, and upgrading the knobs was a great decision!

1 Like

It looks great! I love the colour as well.

1 Like

Yay you! It looks fabulous; the color is beautiful.

1 Like

WOW! It looks great! The color is lovely and new knobs always make a big impact.

1 Like

Very nice! I like the new color you chose, it was definitely worth the extra time to paint it! Those knobs go with the color really well!

1 Like

Thanks guys! It feels good to have the project finished and every time I look at it, the dresser makes me smile. It just came out really great and Itโ€™s nice to feel accomplished about something. :smile:

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

I love Ikea makeovers! :raised_hands: The color you chose is gorgeous!

1 Like

Great job! Love the color.

1 Like