So my quarantine project has been assembling, repainting, and finishing an IKEA dresser and replacing an older one that had broken. And today, I finished the process!
So here’s the finished piece.
I started with a basic Ikea HEMNES dresser in black/brown color.
And I assembled the entire thing by myself.
Then I painted the entire thing by myself:
I even ordered different knobs to better match the new color. The old ones were just a flat, dirty chrome color and the new ones were an oil rubbed bronze color with a bit of detail.
All together, I’m super happy with how it came out. Nothing was particularly difficult or unique in the process, but it really came out great and I’m very pleased with having done it all myself. And it looks so much more custom and expensive with the improvements.