Custom IKEA dresser repaint

So my quarantine project has been assembling, repainting, and finishing an IKEA dresser and replacing an older one that had broken. And today, I finished the process!

So here’s the finished piece.

I started with a basic Ikea HEMNES dresser in black/brown color.

And I assembled the entire thing by myself.

Then I painted the entire thing by myself:

I even ordered different knobs to better match the new color. The old ones were just a flat, dirty chrome color and the new ones were an oil rubbed bronze color with a bit of detail.
41zUbJcxG2L.AC

All together, I’m super happy with how it came out. Nothing was particularly difficult or unique in the process, but it really came out great and I’m very pleased with having done it all myself. And it looks so much more custom and expensive with the improvements.

18 Likes

Nicely done! I love the color you chose, and upgrading the knobs was a great decision!

1 Like

It looks great! I love the colour as well.

1 Like

Yay you! It looks fabulous; the color is beautiful.

1 Like

WOW! It looks great! The color is lovely and new knobs always make a big impact.

1 Like

Very nice! I like the new color you chose, it was definitely worth the extra time to paint it! Those knobs go with the color really well!

1 Like

Thanks guys! It feels good to have the project finished and every time I look at it, the dresser makes me smile. It just came out really great and It’s nice to feel accomplished about something. :smile:

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

I love Ikea makeovers! :raised_hands: The color you chose is gorgeous!

1 Like

Great job! Love the color.

1 Like