Custom Painted Prescription Glasses

I did it!! OK I sanded, then ‘primed’ with white chalk paint. Finger painted, gloss glaze. Woop woop.

27 Likes

Love your painted glasses! It has so much personality.

2 Likes

These are fantastic! Glasses are really kind of a part of a person’s face, so it’s so awesome that you customized them!

3 Likes

That’s so you! Yahoo!

3 Likes

So vibrant and unique! Love them!!

3 Likes

You did do it!! And they are so YOU!!!

:metal:

And you zetti’d them!!

6 Likes

That is so cool! I’m thinking of all the money I’ve spent on pretty looking frames, never dawning on me that I could get some budget plain frames and pretty them myself! (the eyewear industry is such a racket)

How did you safely block off the lenses? This is amazing - you’re blowing my mind!!

4 Likes

That’s so cool! love the colours!

3 Likes

I was wondering this, too, and what did you use to seal?
Love this, might have a go myself.

3 Likes

So fun and funky!

3 Likes

awww…they do fit your personality! I love that they actually match your artistic style so they are a walking advert for you!

3 Likes

These turned out so cool! I never would have the nerve. I’d be too afraid of messing them up. I love the design and colors. They look fantastic on you!

2 Likes

Ooh, very nice!

2 Likes

They turned out great! So much fun!

2 Likes

Your glasses look so fun and cool!! What a fantastic idea, and so well executed!!

2 Likes

The lenses popped out easily, I just made sure not to get too much paint inside the lip and cleaned it our before popping them back in.

2 Likes

Thank you all.

A little more info on the glasses, I got them for like $7 on zenni optical years ago to wear with a halloween costume I made. I hadn’t wore them since because I didn’t like how big they were, so I wasn’t too worried about ruining them. Though now that I’ve seen it’s possibly I may do a few more pairs. I want a Halloween ones too!

3 Likes

They look great!

2 Likes

How fun, they’re so vibrant. You pulled off the gradient effect really well! I’d love to see what you come up with for a Halloween pair!

2 Likes

I love the vibrant colors and patterns. Well done!

2 Likes