Cute side-pocket purses

Sending this one to a friend, the lining is that green and white striped fabric trimming the pockets and used for the strap.

This one went to Edel in the box of colour swap. It’s got a magnetic snap closure.

I love these ridiculous colours together, creamsicle and turquoise.

This was my test pattern, it has a recessed zipper closure that I didn’t find completely appropriate for this style of bag. It’s ok, just not quite perfect.

I checked out this video tutorial but mostly did my own thing as usual. It’s not a bad tute though if you want to try it. I found the opening a bit narrow so opened it up some on the bird purse.

14 Likes

That bird fabric is fabulous, and the striped trim details are so precise. Well done! I love that you tweaked the pattern to be more functional with a wider opening.

2 Likes

These are all quite lovely! I do quite like the stripes with the birds but I also really like the creamsicle and turquoise!

1 Like

Yup totally my colours and it’s such a cute and functional bag. I’ve just watched the video, it’s a complex pattern @Magpie I love the curved seams with the side pockets. Visually they are a treat, and super functional.

Thank you xxx

2 Likes

The bird one :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Myself, I’m partial to the Dinos :wink:

The bag is fabulous, so well done and all your fabric choices are mint. I do love Edel’s color choices, perfect for getting over our winter doldrums.

1 Like

That bird fabric is from a yardsale, someone had started sewing it into cushion covers. I think it cost $2, score!
I forget where that dino fabric came from. One of those mystery stash item. I’m so happy you spoke for it Jen, I love that your daughter is so keen on them :sauropod:

@Edel I found it a pretty easy sew, not hard to alter or add pockets etc. I’m so happy you like it :blush:

1 Like

I really like this style. The bird is my favorite.

1 Like

Great bags, scrumptious fabrics!
I like that you widened the top of the bird bag. I like the look of the original shape, but my first thought was that it would be a nuisance to find stuff in there.

1 Like

These are great! I love how much fabric can change up the same pattern. I also have some of that bird fabric that I purchased years ago with no purpose, but it was so pretty that I couldn’t resist. Now maybe you’ve inspired me to sew something with it.

1 Like