Cuttlefish #3!

This is starting to feel like an addiction… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After sharing photos of my first two cuttlefish on the “makers” channel on Slack at work, a coworker asked if I could make one for him. Normally I never make commissions, but I already had an extra frill made for a cuttlefish (I’d made a couple before deciding on a color for the last one I made) and kinda wanted to see how the next stretch of yarn on the same skein would turn out anyway (it transitions through sooo many pretty colors!) so I actually agreed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s the result!

And now my dilemma… I can’t decide which one I like best!! I’ll send one or the other to the coworker (he didn’t specify any color preference), but whiiiiich?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I still love that both of these are made from the same skein of yarn:

These little goofballs are still SO fun to make. I have lots of other pretty variegated yarn… someone stop me before I make a whole cuttlefish army!

20 Likes

Both are stunning but if I had to choose which to keep it would be the blue frilled one.

Maybe…

2 Likes

Hard call! I would keep the orange-frilled one, as I like the way the color progression works out better, and the 2-tone tentacles are just lovely.

2 Likes

I prefer the blue frilled one, though the two tone tentacles are great!

3 Likes

Team Blue! Both are so cute…maybe make him a third one and keep these two…ha ha ha

3 Likes

I would keep the orange frilled one. We don’t seem to be helping :smiley:

2 Likes

Lol! We are probably not helping at all!

2 Likes

I love the way the blue frill connects to the blue at the tip of the body, and I love the orange tentacles! I like how the colors blend from the tentacles to the frill- it feels more cohesive. So, that’s the one I would keep!

2 Likes

Hahaha y’all are not helping at ALL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And don’t tempt me; I may indeed make yet another!

3 Likes

They’re both beautiful.

The first one (blue) reminds me of a perfect sunset (or sunrise).

If I had to choose, I’d go with the (orange) blue-eyed one with blue in the tentacles.

If I had your powers, I’d keep making a whole family of them because they’re just lovely.

3 Likes

I’ve already told you you’ll have to make a whole rainbow army. Seems like the everyone else agrees with me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I still can’t tell you which one I like more. They are both awesome

4 Likes

These are so awesome! I am having a hard time thinking of a better use for this variegated yarn- it’s truly perfect for these guys! I’d love to see a whole family of them!

No, not helping AT ALL! :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m going to purchase this pattern which is something I hardly ever do. I can usually visualize how to create most shapes & I find it distracting to read a pattern while crocheting but there is something about those cuttle-eyes. It’s just a really great looking pattern & you’ve made such cute examples of it. I’m “hooked”!

2 Likes

Shut the front door.:astonished::heart_eyes: These are just too cute! Make an army of them! :joy:

2 Likes

I lean towards the orange frilled one! If you’re not particularly smitten with one over the other, maybe let your coworker pick the one they want?

3 Likes

Both are super cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If I were to choose, I’d pick the blue frilled one :joy:

2 Likes

That’s so cool how different they turned out! I’d also pick the blue one.

2 Likes

Both are awesome. I have a very marginal preference for the one with the two-tone tentacles. Possibly because that is fun to say.

Also, cuttlefish army! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I can’t choose. They are both fantastic!

2 Likes

These are fantastic. Love the colours. These could have been brought straight from the ocean.

2 Likes