Cuttlefish!

I gotta say, this is one of my FAVORITE amigurumi I’ve made so far. I’m so in love with this little squishy!

I used this pattern:

I thought it would be really difficult, but actually the hardest part was waiting WEEKS for the safety eyes I ordered to arrive! Actually these ones are a backup set I ordered when the other one was taking too long :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But I’m glad I got these - I think the colors work perfectly with the yarn.

I was hoping to make this as a friend for Katsuyuki Moray, but I’m worried that because of the wool content of the yarn, it might get frizzy or pilly really fast if I’m carrying it around in a bag all the time, from the friction. As you can see, it’s already pretty fuzzy in places:

So I’m planning to make another one in all acrylic yarn, once I decide on what yarn to use! :slight_smile: And I’ll carry THAT one around with Katsuyuki!! I still love this one though, so it’ll just be a stay-at-home friend. XD

33 Likes

Those eyes tho!! So cute!!!

1 Like

Wow! Very cool! I love the yarn and the color.

1 Like

Great colors!

1 Like

Your color choice is spot on! Its pretty magical how you got the color shift to work out so well with the pattern, was that planned or a happy accident? So cool!

3 Likes

This cutie makes me wanna cuttle! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And as a bonus, my interest was slow as I opened this up so the photos were blurred at first and I kept expecting some kind of shocking arthropod action!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, he is so darn cute!! I don’t have to words to describe how much I adore him. :heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Those eyes are utterly perfect! And I love the little arms!

1 Like

This is pretty amazing!

1 Like

He’s awesome!!! :star_struck:

1 Like

I love the way his eyes are so expressive and cute. I agree about the fuzziness, I think that is part of what makes him so cute though. What are you going to name him?

2 Likes

Freankin’ AWESOME!

1 Like

He is so cuuuuute! I need to learn crochet.

1 Like

I love this so much! I wish I knew how to crochet to make one (we call my son the cuddlefish, so we like all things cuttlefish around here). Very nice!

1 Like

He is adorable! I love the colors and those safety eyes were worth the wait! :heart:

1 Like

I love this and I just grabbed the pattern! Did you use the suggested yarn? I’m going to have to look for it next week. Even though I’m not supposed to be buying more yarn.

ETA: But I just bought some online in the colorway “Full Moon.” In came in a 3 cake bundle, so I’ll have enough to make a scarf or small shawl afterwards!

3 Likes

What a fun little guy. I really like how the colors blend together!

1 Like

:tada: Congratulations! Your super awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Wow, those colors really make this cutie pop. Nice job!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, even though they weren’t the eyes I originally planned on, I think they worked out great! :slight_smile:

Thanks! It’s Universal Yarn Classic Shades - Chili Pepper color, and one skein was more than enough for this little guy. :slight_smile:

Thanks! It just worked out! I started at the top of the head, and moved down all the way through the tentacles (which are one piece with the body; you do two rows up and down each tentacle!), and then the eyelids next, and the big head fin last. Somehow that just made all the colors perfect! :slight_smile:

I haven’t thought of a good name yet! But I think the next one I make in acrylic will have to have the more carefully considered name, as it will be joining Katsuyuki on his photo shoots! :slight_smile:

Hmm, did it suggest a specific yarn? See up higher in this post for what I got! :slight_smile: And oooh - I can’t wait to see your Full Moon cuttlefish!!

Thank you so much!! :slight_smile:

And thanks to everyone for all the kind comments! I really do love this little guy. Such a great pattern!

4 Likes