Cynthia Treen's video tutorials, mini snail backpack

I know @gozer has made some of Cynthia’s adorable creatures and I’ve had her frog prince pattern bookmarked for ages now but never felt ready. I’m thinking of giving it a go and happened upon some video tutorials that looks EXCELLENT! Here’s the one for her sweet little snail backpack which can be altered for use as a wrist pincushion (you know the first thing I’ll be making, lol).
I also wanted to share this great technique for making seams nearly invisible using a comb, hair spray, and an iron (obviously, this will only work on 100% wool felt, don’t go melting your project if it’s a blend!).

2 Likes

I have the backpack on my list of things to make. Her techniques are so helpful to producing an amazing product. Highly recommend her stuff. She’s awesome and a sweet person.

1 Like

@gozer I finally got around to ordering the frog pattern and the adorable umbrella, have you seen that? She relisted both on etsy so I could get them. I mentioned lettuce and you and she instantly knew who I was talking about, because of course she did. She called you a delight, which you are!
I don’t know much (anything, really) about patreon but she mentioned it and said she has a book coming out. Do you follow whatever that is, got anything cool to tell me about it? She is certainly talented from what I’ve seen online, I’m sure I could learn loads from her.

1 Like

Yes. i did some editing for her so she shared some images from the upcoming book with me. She is so sweet and such a delight herself. Her patreon is really cool because it doesn’t have an access point. She gives you everything if you offer up a $1 or $10. Same access. She is an amazing talent and I love the way she shares her creations.

1 Like