D&D Convention Badge Holders

These badge holders have been on my To Make list for months now. While browsing through Pinterest I saw the pattern come up from Kidgiddy on Etsy. She designed them for quilting conventions, but I knew right away I had to make some for my husband to go to Gary Con this year. He went last year and loved it, and even texted me from the event to say he definitely wanted to attend again.

The inside features 2 zippered pockets. I dug through my stash of mixed colored zippers and picked two that worked with the dungeon map and stone castle fabrics, all of which came from Spoonflower. I figured the different colored zippers might also help when trying to remember which pocket you tucked the item you’re looking for.

The back features a cell phone pocket, with room for a pen or pencil.

Since I was worried about trying out a new pattern with the specially ordered fabric, I made a practice one, for a friend of Jim’s who will be coming over from Ireland for another D&D Con later in the year.

I was so thrilled to have finished these a week and a half ago, for the con at the end of March. No last minute all-nighters! Sadly Gary Con, like every other event right now, has just been cancelled.

9 Likes

Those are fantastic!!

2 Likes

These are sooo cool! Sorry they won’t be used for a bit, but they will be ready and waiting for the next convention!

1 Like

How neat! What a great idea.

1 Like

Those are really fun. It sucks that the con is canceled. Hopefully he can go if they host it later in the year.

1 Like

That fabric is awesome. Great work and I’m sure they will get used next year!

1 Like

Ooh, those are so handy and cute!

1 Like