D&D Patches (Machine Embroidery)

I so rarely get to craft for my husband, but when I saw the digital files for these patches, I just knew I had to make them for him for Christmas. I picked up the designs from MiniFrancine on Etsy, and I have to say the files are fantastic. Really well done, and they stitch up beautifully. Also, they each come with a full size, and a smaller size for making mini patches.

I loved how they came out so much, that I couldn’t wait till Christmas to give them to him. I handed them over as soon as I finished them yesterday.

18 Likes

These are so cool! My DnD kids would love them. They look very professional. :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are SO great!! I know so many people who would love them (myself included)! Well done!

1 Like

They look great! It looks like the background stitches change direction on the dice patch giving it a neat dimensional look.

1 Like

Nicely done! Your edges are very neat …lol…now what are you going to craft for your husband for Christmas? lol

2 Likes

I’m wondering what the dice would look like with some of that variegated thread for the dice color, might be able to mimic the look of those color swirled resin dice. Or metallic thread for a metal dice look.

2 Likes

They do! I love that aspect of the pattern.

One of the reviewers of the pattern on Etsy posted a picture of their own patches, exactly as you are describing. Using variegated thread for the body on one, and on the lines for another. The only problem is that the stitches are so linear that the color changes on the dice are more stripey than swirley, and the drastic changes in color from light to dark, mean that the numbers don’t stand out well against it. And it really didn’t work well on the lines, because it created a lack of definition there. You can see what I mean here:

2 Likes

Those are so neat!

1 Like