Daenerys costume

Last Halloween, an internet friend commissioned me to make her little girl a Daenerys costume. It was trickier than I thought especially since the child lives over 2000 miles away so no fittings and I was rushing against the clock (only 2 weeks to start, finish, and ship in time for Halloween).

Dress. No pattern - just eyeballed it and hoped for the best.

Dress with the dragon chain - chain made with Polly Pellets.

Close up off dragon chain - I wish I had had more time with the dragon heads and chain as I feel like I could have done a much nicer job but overall I think it turned out nice.

The mom added a plush dragon to complete the look. :smile:

13 Likes

Best Khaleesi costume ever! That dragon chain is remarkable and the dress with fringe is stunning.

1 Like

I would seriously wear that any winter day. (Probably without the chain, so as not to alarm my co-workers). Beautiful work!

1 Like

I forgot to mention the detailed red cape - amazing work with that puckering. Did your friend send photos of the girl wearing the ensemble? I bet she won the costume contest.

1 Like

that looks awesome and I can’t believe that you had no pattern!

1 Like

I cannot take credit for the puckering. The fabric came that way. But thank you!! :slight_smile: She did tag me in some very cute photos. :heart:

Wicked! Wicked amazing, wow!

1 Like

Wow, this is great! :smiley:

1 Like

That costume looks amazing!! I know you said you’d like to redo the chain but I think it turned out great!

1 Like

Wow, you did a great job!

That timeline gave me anxiety. :joy: It’s blowing my mind that you made this with no pattern, no fittings, and in such a short amount of time. Wow.

Considering you had 2 weeks, and no chance to try it out on the child, I think you did a great job. I think it looks really good, and even if you could make things better you didn’t have time.

great costume!