Daring Try of a Realistic Saxophone

This painting originates from the fact that my brother plays the saxophone and from the fact I wanted to try and draw a saxophone.

Here it is:
20210503_172711_resize_26

Here is the reference I used draw the saxophone:

They don’t look exactly alike but I thi k my version of the saxophone turned out pretty good.

12 Likes

I really like this style you’ve got going with your backgrounds! It gives me the jazz feel! Nice job on your sax!

1 Like

Nice work! It’s a very tricky subject and you did a good job of simplifying the shapes picking out the important elements. The layers on the background look cool!

1 Like

Your saxophone has a bit of a Klimt-ish feel to me. I think it might be your colorful brush strokes on the background and the bold, simplified detail on the instrument! Great job!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

I love it! I’ve enjoyed looking at your paintings on LC. You have a great style and I look forward to seeing more :slight_smile: I used to get bogged down by people telling me my drawings and paintings didn’t look like the real thing :roll_eyes: It really discouraged me from that type of art… What I’m trying to say is keep being YOU! And follow your style and paint the way you want to! Because people will love it :heart:

2 Likes

I dig it!

1 Like

The background is really neat and I like the composition. The sax looks good. Are you gifting it to your brother?

1 Like

Yes! It’s hanging up in his room now.

1 Like