"dark" and "spooky" quilts

Part of my 2020 goals are to clear out some of the excessively large number of quilt tops I have collected. These two were referred to as the dark and spooky quilts by someone who couldn’t “POSSIBLY understand WHY someone would want that in their home”.
🤷. As I leaned in grade school, à chacun son goût

21 Likes

I would definitely have the black and white one in my house. What a wonderful stash of fabric you have. Those squares are all super spooky

1 Like

I love them both, I certainly wouldn’t mind having those in my home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man, some people have trouble imagining outside their own narrow lane. I might not choose a “spooky” quilt for my own house but it’s impossible to miss the appeal of these two lovely creations. Hey @audity , what’s your opinion?

4 Likes

I especially love the black & white quilt but both are fantastic!!

2 Likes

These are both awesome!! Modernizing traditional crafts just keeps them alive. Whoever criticized these needs to get their head out of their rear. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I would personally adore either of I had them in my home.

3 Likes

They look good to me! :roll_eyes:
I admit, when I was doing black & white baby quilt squares, I did check with my friend to make sure she was ok with one that had dancing skeletons.

2 Likes

This is so rad!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the spooky, and the second quilt is my favorite!

1 Like

Oh no too spooky and dark for me. :wink:

But seriously I love them both

1 Like

They are both awesome and wonderfully made. I don’t recall seeing a “spooky” quilt before but love the Poe fabrics that I’ve come across, and that b/w quilt is beautiful. Instead of being creepy, it would keep bad dreams away from whomever it wrapped. The pink and black quilt is far too cheerful to be scary. To each their own.

2 Likes

They’re fantastic! Your naysayer reminds me of my mom telling her that her grandmother (my great grandmother), born in 1898, would say “Let’s listen to Lawrence Welk… something EVERYONE will like!” :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

I seriously like the black and white one! :skull:

1 Like

I like both of them but I love the top pink one! I love quilts that have quirky themes or patterns. These are awesome!

3 Likes

I have four boys that would LOVE your spooky quilts. I would personally love the black & white one on my bed. They are fantastic.

I love both of them! The pink & black one is made less spooky by the pixels and the pink! And, the black & white one, while spookier, has some fabulous fabrics. I would definitely have that on display every Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

I mean because they are totally freaking awesome sauce, that’s why! I love them! <3