Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Tahini Swirled Blondies - Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge

When I read the theme for this challenge, equal but opposite, my mind went straight to light vs dark… specifically salted dark chocolate. But how to balance a salted bitter dark chocolate? A sweet brown sugar blondie, of course!

Light and dark, bitter and sweet, chewy and crunchy; the commonplace and the completely unexpected, this recipe has it all.

Mistress Jennie’s Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Tahini Swirled Blondies
:chocolate_bar: :salt: :moon_cake: :chocolate_bar: :salt: :moon_cake: :chocolate_bar: :salt: :moon_cake: :chocolate_bar: :salt: :moon_cake: :chocolate_bar: :salt: :moon_cake: :chocolate_bar: :salt: :moon_cake: :chocolate_bar: :salt: :moon_cake:

Ingredients
2 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup unsalted butter*
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup Soom Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Tahini Spread

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350°F, and grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. (Or if you’re a corner brownie lover, an all corners pan and a 9"x9".)

In a medium saucepan heat brown sugar and butter over low heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Allow to cool slightly.

Stir in eggs, one at a time; then stir in vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda until incorporated.

Spread your very thick batter in your prepared 9"x13" baking pan. Or if you’re using an all corners pan, put a large spoonful in each well. (You’ll either need to do 2 batches in the corner pan, or one batch in that, and one batch in a 9x9" pan.)

Next add some dollops of the dark chocolate and sea salt tahini spread. I added about 3/4-1 teaspoon per individual corner section of my pan, but in my 9"x9" pan, I dropped larger teaspoons, about 4 teaspoons in 3 rows. Next, take a chopstick or wooden skewer, and swirl the dark chocolate into the blondie batter.

Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes for the 9"x13", about 20 minutes for the corner pan, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.

*Note: I usually don’t worry if my butter is salted for baking, but you really want the blondies sweet, to contrast the pop of salt in the tahini spread, so go with unsalted.

Verdict: The corner pan blondies were my favorite. The chewy edges contrasted with the softer middle. The soft crumbly bars got a nice pop of crunch from the large grains of sea salt in the chocolate tahini spread. And the caramel sweetness was tempered with the darkness of the chocolate.

30 Likes

YUMMMY! And I bet these are as delicious for breakfast as they are as a late night treat, too!

3 Likes

Oh my… these look so tasty!

1 Like

I’m seriously drooling over here!! A most excellent interpretation of the challenge!

1 Like

Add me to the drooling club! I’m not a huge sweets person but these have “eat the entire pan in one day” appeal.

2 Likes

Those look and sound super yummy!

2 Likes

These look and sound delicious! I’m not a big fan of dark chocolate, but it sounds like it just elevates this recipe into a tastier plane!

1 Like

Wow, they look amazing

1 Like

I am trying this ASAP! I worked at a brownie/blondie store in college. I could trade those suckers for anything!

1 Like

Tahini blondies?!?!
:exploding_head:

1 Like

These look amazing! My mouth is watering.

2 Likes

Just 2 DAYS more for everyone to enter their own cool project into the Craft The Equinox Challenge!

:sparkler: :partying_face: Congratulations, this looks yummy and this is a featured project for this week. :partying_face: :sparkler:

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

Corner piece for the win!

1 Like