All things being equal…
An Equinox is nigh! The Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere i.e. the day and the night are the same length. It is also the turning point to shorter days above the equator and shorter nights below.
YOUR THEME: Craft The Equinox … by making either something that acknowledges this point in our planet’s annual trip around the sun or something that expresses two equal parts, two equal but opposite things, two-sided things or mirrored “images.” Let your creativity be your guide here.
YOUR TIME FRAME: *September 20 - October 19, Midnight Hawaii-Aleutian time
- Mabon or Ostara celebration pieces (depending on your hemisphere)
- A mobile of Earth’s position in relation to the sun at Equinox
- A reversable jacket
- A two-piece pendant to share with a dear one
- Black and white cookies
- Color blocked sweater
- The goal with this challenge is to use the Equinox to inspire your crafting, either directly with an Equinox-themed craft or by making something that expresses two equal parts, two equal/opposite parts.
- Your craft may be any medium that that fits an existing Lettuce Craft category.
- Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
- Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
- All entries must be posted by midnight on Wednesday, October 19, Hawaii-Aleutian Time. (LC will timestamp your post.)
The winner of the ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL - A CRAFT THE EQUINOX CHALLENGE will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. And the smug satisfaction of knowing you crafted your equal, but opposite socks off.
- You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the correct Completed Projects sub-board for your medium. (Ie. a recipe on the Food & Drinks board)
- You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “-Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge" Example: (Double-sided Paper Thingie - Craft the Equinox 2022 Challenge Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
- Voting will happen on Oct 20 - 27, 2022.
- The winner will be announced on October 28 - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
If you have any questions or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post in this thread! Now go out there and have double the fun.