All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge - CLOSED

All things being equal…

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon:

An Equinox is nigh! The Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere i.e. the day and the night are the same length. It is also the turning point to shorter days above the equator and shorter nights below.

YOUR THEME: Craft The Equinox … by making either something that acknowledges this point in our planet’s annual trip around the sun or something that expresses two equal parts, two equal but opposite things, two-sided things or mirrored “images.” Let your creativity be your guide here.

YOUR TIME FRAME: *September 20 - October 19, Midnight Hawaii-Aleutian time

Examples:

• Mabon or Ostara celebration pieces (depending on your hemisphere)
  • A mobile of Earth’s position in relation to the sun at Equinox
  • A reversable jacket
  • A two-piece pendant to share with a dear one
  • Black and white cookies
  • Color blocked sweater

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon:

The Rules:

• The goal with this challenge is to use the Equinox to inspire your crafting, either directly with an Equinox-themed craft or by making something that expresses two equal parts, two equal/opposite parts.
  • Your craft may be any medium that that fits an existing Lettuce Craft category.
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on Wednesday, October 19, Hawaii-Aleutian Time. (LC will timestamp your post.)

The winner of the ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL - A CRAFT THE EQUINOX CHALLENGE will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. And the smug satisfaction of knowing you crafted your equal, but opposite socks off.

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the correct Completed Projects sub-board for your medium. (Ie. a recipe on the Food & Drinks board)
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “-Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge" Example: (Double-sided Paper Thingie - Craft the Equinox 2022 Challenge Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on Oct 20 - 27, 2022.
  • The winner will be announced on October 28 - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post in this thread! Now go out there and have double the fun.

Entries:
Coyote Skelly by @steiconi
Autumn Equinox Mug Rug by @AntBee
Rebel or Empire? by @Abbeeroad
pro/CON Gatefold Notebook by @TheMistressT
Two-sided Rolodex Calendar by @geekgirl
Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Tahini Swirled Blondies by @MistressJennie
The Same Yet Different by @Cindy
Plaid/herringbone ‘infinity’ scarf by @Camelama
Bye Bye Birdie by @Bunny1kenobi

All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge
  • Coyote Skelly by steiconi
  • Autumn Equinox Mug Rug by AntBee
  • Rebel or Empire by Abbeeroad
  • pro/CON Gatefold Notebook by TheMistressT
  • Two-sided Rolodex Calendar by geekgirl
  • Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Tahini Swirled Blondies by MistressJennie
  • The Same Yet Different by Cindy
  • Plaid/herringbone ‘infinity’ scarf by Camelama
  • Bye Bye Birdie by Bunny1kenobi

0 voters

13 Likes

This sounds like so much fun!

1 Like

Yess! Such a fun theme! :women_with_bunny_ears:

I cannot wait to see how members interpret this theme - there’s just so much possibility!

1 Like

Interesting challenge!! hmmmm…

2 Likes

This is a fun challenge! As TheMistressT said, it will be fun to see what everybody comes up with!

3 Likes

I love it, six hours more to craft for me…

This sounds fun.

3 Likes

Hehe!

I thought the use of that time zone was cute :smiley:

1 Like

I think I have an idea

1 Like

17 hours for me!

1 Like

Oh, this could be fun!

1 Like

I have started a thing!

3 Likes

Ooooo! NICE!

5 Likes

An excellent first entry!

3 Likes

I sketched up something, but I am struggling with the colorway. I think I can make it work. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

Ooooo, intriguing! I keep thinking in terms of complimentary colors on the color wheel, but still haven’t landed on an idea.

1 Like

Mine is going to be determined by the Posca pens I have, which is not many. Hahaha! :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

I am going with the “two-sided things” interpretation. I’ve made progress and hope to get a lot done this weekend.

2 Likes