Decoupage: Day 7. Tablet case and sugar skull container

I pulled about 12 different fabrics for this, decided the fish were the most important and winnowed it down to 3 others that looked good with them.
My tablet cover was falling apart; I had been planning to stitch a replacement, but I saw a youtube on decoupaging a wallet, and realized I could just cover the old case, reinforcing it as I went. This kind of blurs the line between decoupage and “gluing stuff together”, but I’m happy.

This design was a cute napkin, applied to a dollar store tin container. I mixed glue and paint to blend the edges and cover the remaining tin, which still shows through the paint and napkin, giving a nice metallic effect.

I think that’s the end of the Week of Decoupage. 9 projects completed, some successful!
I covered wood, metal, fabric, vinyl, plastic, and porcelain, using napkins, fabric, tissue paper…hmm, I meant to try wrapping paper, too, but haven’t…

10 Likes

Wow, it’s a napkin? From here it looks painted. Great job!

2 Likes

All of your decoupage projects have been wonderful, but the transformation of that Dollar Store tin is amazing!

1 Like

I’ll use the tablet case the most, but the pink one is my favorite! Those napkins are from the Day of the Dead/dollar shop section at walmart.
Thin, awful napkins, but perfect for this!

2 Likes

Wow, you are the queen of decoupage!!

1 Like

You just add flair wherever you go! :sparkles:

1 Like

Ooh! These are fun!

2 Likes

sad little follow-up…
I sprayed the tin (and tables) with clear finish. It stinks, and is taking forever to air out in the carport. The tin blew off the table and got run over by the car. Smashed flat.

On the up side, I have another of those dollar store tins and 7 more pink napkins, so I could replace it. But I still haven’t tried wrapping paper decoupage, so maybe I’ll do that, instead.

1 Like

Bummer!

1 Like

Oh man! That’s no fun. Sorry your crafts are misbehaving.

1 Like

Great colours, love that hot pink!

1 Like