Destashing "stuff"..an assemblage journey

I remember seeing my first assemblage on the other site. I believe it was a bright pink one made my @sheepblue. Since that time, I have been watching the wonderful projects from her as well as my assemblage crush and mentor, @geekgirl.

I finally tried it…I was skeptical at first that a group of mismatched and seemingly unrelated items would work, but was encouraged not to think too much and just do it! I even posted an in-progress pic and decided it was not good at all.

Well, today, bored and feeling unproductive, I decided to go outside and spray paint the darn thing. A few brushes of metallic gold paint, and wow…transformed!

Of course, now I want to glue and paint all the things that are not being used around the house… :smiley:

Thanks, ladies for the inspiration and encouragement to try something new!

ha It is sort of an adult I Spy when it is done, isn’t it? Buttons, beads, screws, earrings, safety pin, necklace, thingamabob… :smiley:

34 Likes

Wow Linda - that doesn’t look random at all, but awesomely executed! I love the spikey heart. You did amazing! I can’t wait to see what else you come up with :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks…I have stuff that I have no idea what to do with…the heart came from a button, the spikey thing was unknown, and it sits on top of a wooden ring…

I figure if I start with some focal point, the rest is easier to do…

I have a small box sitting on my desk now for random things…when I get enough, I will do another one…

4 Likes

It is so fantastic! I love it, I’m totally making one!

1 Like

This looks really cool. I love the spike thing too and the little lacy thing on the safety pin. But what really caught my eye was the s-hook on the left side… I have been trying to find something like that for my bathroom! My gran used to have them in her shower to hang wash cloths, but I can’t find them anywhere these days.

1 Like

It looks great!!! I’m glad you gave it a try and finished it. Isn’t it addicting?

Love the gold highlights.

3 Likes

The “S” hook was all rusted and part of my rusty things collection…I really like them as well and have them all over my shelving…

You can get them on Amazon…they have all sorts now and all sizes!

2 Likes

Ok, now I think I may just have to give assemblage a try.

2 Likes

This is beautiful, and a good reminder to not give up totally on meh projects right away.

2 Likes

Linda, I love how this turned out! It definitely is an adult i-spy.

2 Likes

Love this!

2 Likes

NAILED IT, @AIMR! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Love this! I have an IKEA mirror that needs some pizzazz

2 Likes

You did a great job on this, @AIMR! I have been admiring the assemblages that @geekgirl has been posting but didn’t think I had enough stuff to put on a canvas. But, today, after digging through my craft room for ATC supplies, I realized that I have quite a few little items that I could use.

3 Likes

Very nice. I, too, have been wanting to try this but haven’t yet.

2 Likes

Very cool and I am now adding it to my long list of arty things I want to make.

2 Likes

It’s fantastic! I love trying to identify all the bits and bobs you used in your assemblage. You’ve inspired me to start squirrelling tiny things for a small sewing themed piece :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love it! It doesn’t look like you randomly glued things together, not at all! It looks great, really!
:orange_heart:

2 Likes

You all will be delightfully surprised at how even the hunt for things is so much fun…things in a junk drawer, the garage, things we normally just toss! It sort of gives you a new perspective on how we see things as well…a bottle cap becomes a background, a lone button becomes a focal point, an unknown screw anchors the piece, etc.

I am very glad I tried it…not sure it is really my thing, but as I continue to see things in this new light, I am sure my box of things will accumulate and I will make another.

Thank you all for your comments…make one and post it…lol…my next one will definitely be red, my favorite color!

5 Likes

This is wonderful!!

2 Likes