Dinosaur tea cup ‘fairy’ garden

I am in a tea group on FB and we are doing a tea swap, with extras. My partner likes dinosaurs & indoor gardening. And tea, of course! Somehow I got it into my head that I needed to make her one of those fairy gardens in a tea cup. The tea cup makes it fit the tea exchange theme. Then my brain said “but with dinos!” So of course after that twist, I had to do it.

Now, i did not glue down the dinos, because I want her to have the fun of placing them & posing them & using her favorites. And i did not glue down the moss because that stuff is evil & goes everywhere and maybe it’s bad for indoor gardening.

I got everything from my local Buy Nothing group, so this entire project was free! Except the glue, but I had that for a different project anyway. I washed the cup/saucer & the dinos, as I wasn’t sure about their cleanliness.

Progress pics:

I hope she likes it - but just in case she’s not as goofy as I am, i am also sending her a little wooden dino that sits on the rim of your mug & holds the teabag string, or your infuser chain etc. (also can prop open the lid of your pot as you boil stuff, so it doesn’t boil over). And of course, a whole bunch of tea, the real reason we are doing the exchange!

24 Likes

Oh, and the lighting is a bit strange as I had to do all of this in the bathroom because that (swear words) moss goes EVERYWHERE and in there I could contain it best … because my cats want to EAT IT ALL UP. Wackos. :wink:

Very cool!
But

i did not glue down the moss because that stuff is evil & goes everywhere

Isn’t that the point of glue, to keep things in place? The moss looks like spagnum, which is used in plant soil, so it shouldn’t hurt any live plants.

1 Like

Oh, i mean, it falls apart as soon as i touch it & goes everywhere, so gluing it would mean only the tiny bit of moss right on top of the glue dot would stay put. :wink:

2 Likes

Such an awesome little tea cup display. Love that you used the dinos :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is so stinking cute!

Fantastic!

Hilarious! This is epic!

How wonderful!!

This turned out so fun and cute!

This is hilarious. Well done.

:scissors: :yarn: What-ho, Gentle Crafter! Your craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :thread: :page_with_curl:

2 Likes

Oh my! Thank you!

1 Like

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like

Wow! Thanks so much!