Dipping my toe into watercolors

I took a beginning watercolor class the last couple months and I’ve been doing lots of YouTube videos as well. Here are some of the pieces I’ve done (in reverse chronological order).

Huge shoutout to @jemimah for all of her encouragement, inspiration, and tips!

I’m really falling in love with watercolors and looking forward to lots more painting in the future. Thanks for looking!

32 Likes

Ooh, the wee house! I want to vacation there, how lovely.
Your work is really fabulous, amazing progress, Jenn.

2 Likes

You really have a knack for watercolor. These are beautiful! I love that you showed your progression. Sometimes it can be daunting to learn a new skill. You have really flourished. I think my favorites are the colorful jar of flowers and the people on the street. That one really sets a mood.
Keep it up, I’d love to see more.
For Christmas, I got my mom, sister, and myself some watercolor kits from Let’s Make Art so we can all try.

5 Likes

These are gorgeous! You seem to have a natural ability, and I love seeing your skill progress.

2 Likes

Your watercolor skills are amazing! The way the light comes through the first one is just mesmerizing.

2 Likes

Beautiful work, Jenn! I would say you are up to ankles by now! The last piece you did is absolutely wonderful! It shows off the properties of watercolors that makes it so beautiful…love how you got the colors to blend and yet stand out…the edges are just gorgeous!

3 Likes

These are all just gorgeous!! That first one is just, ugh, I love it.

I think you have more than dipped your toe in. More like a graceful swan dive in! Can’t wait to see more.

6 Likes

These are all awesome!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call that dipping your toe…
You’re a pro!

5 Likes

Beautiful work! I especially like how you captured the rainy day scene. You managed to capture the glow of the reflections!

2 Likes

Beautiful! :slight_smile: My fav is the first one where they are walking in the rain. :umbrella:

2 Likes

Your paintings look fantastic Jenn!! It’s wonderful to see how much progress you are making with your watercolour skills, all that practice is really paying off :grinning:

3 Likes

Stunning!

1 Like

Really lovely! Your progress is amazing!

1 Like

Wow! These are all just lovely!

1 Like

Those are all so beautiful! I really like the trees in the second and third photos, and the little yellow house. Gorgeous work!

1 Like

As others have already said, you’re more than dipping your toes … the first one is just stunning!

2 Likes

Your work is so beautiful. Natural talent.

1 Like

Wow, these are gorgeous, I love them all! The garden door one is enchanting :star_struck:

1 Like

Wow! Did you say, beginner watercolor class? These are stunning.

2 Likes