Discussion: Juicers and mixers

Here’s a topic I just thought of to add to my cheap mixers discussion. Plus, a title change, so anyone and everyone can talk about, ask questions on juicers, mixers, and blenders (Not standing mixers, just those things for making juices, etc).

Honestly, I have nothing…not a word to say about this, as I am making the choice for one now, heh. So…Um…I’ll let you all who own or have owned one to discuss your experiences with using them, :wink:.

Edit: Oh, one thing to discuss would be ease of cleaning. that would definitely be something to discuss for us pained people, ;-).

3 Likes

I grew up in a house with a hippie mom who juiced everything, lol. Then, when I was older, I worked for a place that sold top of the line machines and also took in various food manipulating tools to sell on consignment. I made daily juice including wheatgrass there, and at a bunch of events so I have worked with a lot of different models.
There are many ways to break down the pros and cons of a juice extractor but the type of machine that’s right for you is the one you can afford and that you will use, nothing else really matters unless you want a nice looking shelf decoration.
One thing I will say is that none of them are really very easy to clean, that part is always work. Waring does make a centrifical force (spinning) type of juicer with paper filters that take some of the work out, but the masticating and screen parts will still get messy.

Here’s one thing I believe, after working in the field and doing a whole lot of personal study. Juicing can be fun, it can be tasty, but it isn’t really all that healthy because a very valuable part of the fruits and veggies is removed. The fiber is undervalued here when it’s actually incredibly good for the body. I personally prefer smoothies and soups that use all of the produce and waste none of the goodness. And in that case, any blender will do. I’ve got a vitamix because I splurged but it isn’t necessarily. Oh, and they are a snap to clean up too!

5 Likes

I love citrus juices and it took me a long time to choose a suitable juicer. I also appreciate the ease and quickness in the kitchen. And this is what I chose and I have no regrets by the way: the Seenlast Stainless Steel Juicer. Quite a budget model but still does a great job. Works for me.

2 Likes

Not a juicer but my mixer I LOVE I finally broke down and got the Pampered Chef blender and OMG game changer, it heats, pulverizes and self cleans! I think I like to blend things just to have it clean itself!

2 Likes

What? Whaaaaat? Mental not to self: Remember to search up self cleaning juicers/mixers/blenders later.

1 Like

You add water and a little soap, put it on the base and spin to the clean cycle hit start and it goes! It whips the water about, stops and heats the water up so you don’t even have to add hot water, then runs it through a full cycle. When done I dump and rinse that’s all!!! Its fantastic when making shakes and stuff that like to stick under the blades!

3 Likes