DIY chili sin/con carne seasoning mix

I promised to post a few quick and easy recipes, so here’s the first one!
This is not my original recipe but inspired by several recipes available online.
Over the years I’ve adapted it until it’s perfect for our taste.

This is 3x the recipe below, of course stir before use. I use 3 tablespoons of this mix for a 4 servings batch of chili.

• 1 tablespoon of ground chili pepper or cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
  • 1 teaspoon of black pepper
  • optional: 1/2 teaspoon of salt
9 Likes

Awesome! thanks for this! I am going to try it out on the next batch of chili I make.

1 Like

I bet this is so yummy. It’s close to a recipe I’ve used a bunch, Magic Dust BBQ Rub. That one has some sugar though. Tasty!

1 Like

I will pass that tip on to Mr Imma, I know he’s used this mix on meat in the past but he’s always on the hunt for new things to try.

A few years ago we made handmade fries and we also used this seasoning on the fries, it was absolutely delicious! Handmade fries are the best and totally worth the effort.

I always love making my own things like this then I can be sure that there’s no nasties in it.
Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

We eat a fairly low-salt diet so I always try to make my own seasoning mixes. We were both raised by parents with heart disease who did not eat added salt, so we aren’t used to the taste of salty foods.