DIY/Up-Revved Halloween Catio Decorations

So I made my cats a catio a few months ago so they can “go outside”. (Yes I am THAT person, haha).

And Halloween is approaching so I decided to make them some spooky decor.

I carved some tombstones out of florist’s foam using printed templates and then sprayed them with a few coats of black base before stippling on some detail.

Then I found these fun decorations at a couple different stores and decided to give them all a bit of an update.

Before:

After:

The result is one spooky catio!

12 Likes

Hey, there’s no reason kitties shouldn’t be able to enjoy Halloween, too! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Bahahaaaa! Wonderful!

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes on the spooky catio. You might be inspiring me to give mine a little holiday spirit! Love the tombstones and upgrades on the found items. The way you painted the spider caskets gives it a cool glowing effect.

2 Likes

These are fantastic. I love how you turned some fine looking Halloween decorations into some AMAZING ones!

2 Likes

You actually carved the tombstones into the foam? Really nice detail!
Great decor!

2 Likes

This is all kinds of awesome!

2 Likes

The cats probably don’t care but I think it’s fun. That cat transformation, whoa.

3 Likes

Yesss, I love the tombstones! So cool. Also how you repainted the figures! Made them WAY better!

3 Likes

Thank you! There is a little LED in the casket too so when I turn it on it looks extra spooky!

1 Like

I do so many things I’m sure my cats don’t care about, haha. But it brings me joy even to think I’m spoiling them. :cat2:

2 Likes

Thanks @steiconi!

Yeah I used a block of florists foam which worked decently well. I cut the basic shapes out with a box knife and then used a detail dremel to carve the more complex shapes.

Boy did it make a mess though! Next time I’d like to try something higher density like a PU foam to see if I can get more detail.

2 Likes