Do What You Can Do Embroidery

Back when we were just a couple of weeks in to the social isolation protocol, and schools had been closed for almost 3 weeks, Mollie Johanson of the blog Wild Olive revisited and old post that was very fitting for our current times (and my own mood). While many people in lockdown have had the time to learn a new language, or a musical instrument, or try a new skill (crafts!), or even clean and organize their entire house, that doesn’t hold true for everyone. And, it can make you feel quite “less than” if you haven’t accomplished quite so much. But, for many people, getting through the day is enough of a challenge and not everyone does have the “luxury” of all of that extra free time. So, her pattern (available here) is a reminder that you should just do what you can, and that will be good enough.

20 Likes

I so love this!

1 Like

I need to make this my daily mantra! I like your choice of the yellow background, it makes the embroidery design pop!

1 Like

It was applicable at the beginning of COVID times, and continually so now. Love this!

3 Likes

Very a propos. Kudos to all the people who managed to do all that stuff. It wasn’t me! I like that this is not an ornate design; it fits the simplicity of the message.

1 Like

I love this so much. It speaks to my heart.

1 Like

So true and beautifully done!!!

1 Like

it’s a good mantra for any time!
great job.

2 Likes

This is wonderful and a fabulous reminder to be kind to yourself.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone!

1 Like

What a great message in lovely stitching. I love the background fabric, too!

1 Like

A very pretty way to give a helpful and caring reminder.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a reminder I often need for myself, too!

2 Likes