Doggie Camping Casserole

When we go camping, my pup is usually too excited/stimulated to be interested in food. Well, in his kibble, at least. We went camping earlier this Summer, and all he would eat was his treats (they’re healthy, but not a complete meal).

I figured I would cook for him this time around and supplement his kibble with something yummy. This isn’t intended to replace his normal diet, but I don’t want him going hungry for the few days we’re camping.

Ingredients:

chicken breasts, cooked in the instant pot with water
brown jasmine rice, with a bit of olive oil
peas
carrots
green beans
pumpkin puree

I got the rice cooking according to the directions, then threw the frozen chicken breasts into the instant pot with a couple cups of water. When the chicken was done, I skimmed fat off the top, shredded it, and put it back into the pot with the peas, carrots, and green beans and a cup of water, then cooked it all for a couple minutes under pressure. When the rice was done, I added half a can of pumpkin puree and warmed it up. I added the chicken and veggies to the rice and pumpkin along with the water, then warmed it through until steaming hot. It’s cooling a bit in the fridge, then I’ll portion it out and freeze it.

I gave Mr. Puppy a small bowl of it and he scarfed it down. So, I guess it’s doggo approved! Yay!

7 Likes

Love that you cook for your dog. Photo please.

1 Like

Photo of my dog?

Well, yeah!!! :dog:

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d take a new one, but he’s currently wet from swimming in the pool and in time-out for terrorizing the cat. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

So cute!!!

1 Like

Oh yes! I remember this pic! I didn’t put 2 and 2 together that this was your pupper!

1 Like

Thanks! He’s a a good boy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In case you’re curious, he’s a standard poodle. A phantom (like a doberman’s markings) parti poodle. :laughing:

1 Like

Awww! What a good boy! I cook my dogs’ food too. I may want to try this for special occasions. They usually just get chicken, potatoes and veggies cooked up.

1 Like

Love you made special camping doggo food! He looks like such a good pupper!

Thanks for paying the dog tax! (Photo) What a stinkin cutie!

2 Likes