Dollhouse Picture Frames

I picked up a craft mitre box and saw yesterday and set out to frame some images for my dollhouse. I local artist paints the tiniest pictures called, Paintings for Hummingbirds. These images were notecards she was selling but they are life-size! Anyhow… I will paint the frames eventually I was just too excited to get some initial framing done. :wink:
(One of my goals this spring is to paint the dollhouse itself. Please ignore the chipped paint and bare wood. )

22 Likes

Really nice!! I love the idea of “paintings for hummingbirds”!!

1 Like

I need to know more about these Paintings for Hummingbirds! After having 12 visit all summer, I have an obsession!

1 Like

I love that you are working on a dollhouse, those are great!

They are so tinnnneeeeyyyy. Oh, I think she has a website as well. is this her? https://www.paintingsforhummingbirds.com/

Ha - even your dollhouse art is actual art.

Yes, that is her. The pieces are so amazing up close. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I want to believe this is a dollhouse, but I can’t!

I found it this summer for $25! It’s in rough shape but I scooped it up without a second thought for that price. I have done nothing to the house itself, yet. This year I intend to sand it down, prime it, and get to painting. I am letting the kids play in it for now and am squirreling away the really delicate miniature bits. I see this as a many years project. I hope that one day I can share it with my grandkids. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ooohh it’s such a cool find! Great job so far… it’s nice to have a project that doesn’t have a deadline. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, now I’m quite obsessed with it.

1 Like

The tiny picture frames are so, so cute!
And I love seeing closeups of the partially furnished rooms in your doll house. Can’t wait to follow your progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a fabulous purchase! I can’t wait to see what you will do with it. I love miniatures!

1 Like

That’s an amazing find! Looks like it is a custom designed doll house and not a kit!! Lots of inspiration and possibilities! :smile_cat:

It is completely custom. I cut out bits of plastic to temporarily cover all the windows and there are at least four different sizes on the long rectangular ones alone. lol. Clearly I will need to learn basic glass cutting and stained glass work if I eventually want them all done properly. The plastic is neccessary because the dollhouse sits next to my large finch cage (the room is pretty full) and fills the house with bird seed otherwise. lol

1 Like

What an amazing find for $25! And you’re already making amazing things… I can’t wait to watch your progress!

1 Like

That dollhouse is surely a find, great for you. And using the card for the dollhouse is so clever, love it. Also, that is a renovation project, no need to ignore the rough state of the house, we are all diy people, I’m sure I’m not the on my one who would love to get my hands on that

1 Like

Thank you for the realness. Yes, you are right. When the weather is warmer and I can haul it outside and really dig into it I will be recording all of its flaws to share. :grin:

1 Like

Good, because I lobe home renovations, both in big size and tiny size

1 Like

What an amazing score! I hope you post any little project or reno you do; it is very exciting! The picture frames came out great, so you are already on your way to making the house a lovely place.

1 Like

Thank you for the kudos. I will make sure to document and share all projects dollhouse related. :wink:

1 Like