Donate to Help LettuceCraft

I did like the auction we did before! Was able to donate cash this time (cut my Christmas-shopping budget by 20% to do it), but not sure I could continue to do it regularly in the future. There is something especially cool and satisfying, about crafting eBay or Etsy items to support a craft-community site.

6 Likes

I loved the auction but I know it was a LOT of work to organize & also involved a lot of monetary hoop jumping. Fun tho…

5 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Jilly!

1 Like

You’re amazing, thank you!

1 Like

I loved the last fundraiser!

19 Likes

Oh, man. That was so fun. The first time I had ventured into making anything miniature! My grandma was so proud of me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Love that.

4 Likes

I LOVED the auction! It was so much fun being able to “buy” from people that either don’t usually swap or I don’t usually get partnered with! I also loved making things. It was a huge undertaking, though, for sure!

Finally on the computer for a hot sec, so sent my donation in!

Thanks @sweets4ever for giving us this wonderful home!

6 Likes

Same. Site-appropriate, small ads would be totally fine by me.

5 Likes

Yes. As someone who contributed a few things, I can say that I probably spent more just shipping those things as it would cost to be a “Friend of Craftster” and it seems like it would’ve been more helpful to just donate those dollars.

4 Likes

It’s like school fundraisers, I’d rather just give money.

4 Likes

I’d be down with an annual FoC (FoLC??) type contribution. But that didn’t stop me from donating now! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think a lot of us would be down for FoC style membership program.

The auction was super fun but I totally get that it was a lot of work for some of our tireless crafting goddesses/gods.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @sweets4ever and @mr.sweets4ever!

The auction was great fun for a “sometimes” thing, but I’m happy to be able to simply donate too.

2 Likes

Yes. This.

2 Likes

I donated a few things that I know would be easy to ship, and I was happy to be able to participate, but I felt it wouldn’t be financially efficient to donate large items that would be very expensive to ship.

I did however buy a beautiful crochet scarf made by @wendiek who lives in the same country as I do, so shipping was more affordable. I still wear it and I still get complimented about it.

I also wouldn’t mind ads if they were small, in non-annoying places on the website and for independent craft related businesses or LC members’ businesses. Becoming a Lettuce Friend would also be a great alternative, or just organizing a yearly fundraiser like this - or have people sign up for regular monthly donations.

6 Likes

Or…someone here needs to win that 2 billion dollar lottery… :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

12 Likes

Girl, I tried.

7 Likes

We tried, too. I guess someone in CA won it. I specifically asked the clerk for the winning ticket.

Re ads, so long as there are small on not really intrusive, I don’t even mind if they are for non-craft, non-indie things so long as they aren’t political or religious or that kind of thing and not video if at all possible. Big money behind them means that they can afford to advertise on a very small platform for quite a bit of time.

5 Likes