Doodle Journal Covers

I bought these plain brown covered journals for pretty cheap on Amazon when I started taking various doodle art lessons online. After I finished my first journal, I decided to cover it using the underpaper I used to protect the pages and my work table.

I posted all of the inside pages in the Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong, but here are a few of my favorites:

20220816_165706

30 Likes

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL! I love your flower pages!

1 Like

:heart: Underpapers are magic!

1 Like

The perfect covers for your awesome pages! I am entranced with the transformation of “garbage” into treasure. It’s magical!

1 Like

“One man’s kitsch is another man’s kunst.”

I may borrow indefinitely this idea.

1 Like

These are absolutely gorgeous, @AIMR! Just amazingly beautiful.

1 Like

I have also used the underpapers for collage, gelli printing, etc. I bought a pack of packing paper that fits my desk top. The paper I used between the journal sheets are from a pack of old photo album paper so it has a nice smooth, slick feel to it. I use cut up old sheets to wipe my brushes so I also have loads of fabric that look like this…someday, my family will find all of this and just throw it away…sigh

1 Like

No! Use the good stuff! Don’t wait, now is a best time for the best things.

lol I am using it up but the creating of more makes it impossible to use up in my lifetime! lol

They’re gorgeous!

1 Like

I love how your pages are dedicated to a different color. They are wonderful!

1 Like

I just prepainted some pages in advance with acrylics and watercolors then selected whatever pages I thought would go with the lesson. On some, I used crayola markers to fill in the backgrounds of any blank pages. I liked how the lessons let you use the medium of your choice. Thank you!

1 Like

Lots of love for these!! :hibiscus: :heart:

1 Like

Wow! I can’t get over all the detail!
Well done!!

1 Like

These would make such beautiful fabric prints. :heart:

3 Likes

Oh, hello spoonflower! I’d wear that.

1 Like

Gorgeous!!

Thanks…I am enjoying doing these flower lessons…learning a lot…like if you don’t like something, fix it…no such things as mistakes!

Finger painting that I didn’t like…so I fixed it! lol

20220828_181420

9 Likes

The covers look amazing and just knowing that they were your underpapers for the journals makes them even that much cooler.

1 Like

Wow again!
I could never have predicted that the first could become the second! Just beautiful
:sunflower:

1 Like