Dottie Cardigan

The Dottie Cardigan is a cute, retro-inspired design. The construction is top-down and contiguous, with a drop shoulder.

I used Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Worsted yarn.

I made this version close-fitting and cropped, but I’d love to make it again in a more relaxed size. I used to have an oversized cotton cardigan in this style in the most gorgeous shade of green, and I miss it. :joy:

17 Likes

Wow, it looks really comfortable and I love that deep colour. You must be a really fast knitter with the amount of knitted garments you’ve posted lately.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m really not all that fast, I just have too much free time, lol. It took me a month to knit and another month to get around to blocking, weaving in the ends, and adding buttons.

2 Likes

I love it!! Great color, too!

1 Like

Such a cute style! And a really pretty color. My dad had a 70s cardigan in this color that I “stole” in junior high.

1 Like

This came out so great! Sign me up for “love the color” club, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, everybody! I love the color, too, and I have at least 4 different yarns in my stash, all roughly the same color.

5 Likes

So pretty!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Love the collar and button, trim?

1 Like

It turned out really lovely. The buttons add a nice detail to that beautiful color!

1 Like

Thanks! I wasn’t sure about the color of the buttons, to be honest. I still may change them to something a little more subtle, like a brown tortoise shell-type.

It looks so cozy!

1 Like

Thanks! It is, but is still fairly light-weight, too.

1 Like

Such yummy yarn, and such a lovely sweater. I’m trying to work up my courage to make a sweater.

1 Like

Thanks!

Dive in! Sweaters are a lot of fun. They’re really not very complicated, especially if you do them top-down.

1 Like

Oh this is so pretty. That color! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you!

Beautiful work my friend!

1 Like

Thank you! Cardigans are such satisfying knits.