Dragon box

For the common grounds swap I made Roots a decorative box. I bought one of those little wooden boxes from the craft store, removed all of the hardware and stained the wood with a old walnut stain. I ordered new hardware off amazon. Tiny decorative hinges, corners, clasp, and clawed feet and nailed/screwed those in. I got some green fabric and some of the smallest buttons in existence and made a little button-tuffed cushion for the bottom of the box and then whipped out my wood burning kit and hand burnt in the dragon Smaug on the top!

36 Likes

That came out wonderfully! I’ve done a few projects with those premade boxes myself, and your additions of new hardware really add to the finished piece. Beautifully done.

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the tufted cushion!

1 Like

Dude! This is rad!

1 Like

This is absolutely wonderful! All the little details are really special!

1 Like

This is gorgeous! Those feet, though… could they get any more PERFECT???

1 Like

That’s really cool!

1 Like

You really dressed that box up! Just wonderful!

1 Like

That’s super cool!

1 Like

Very cool! That would be great to keep D&D stuff in.

2 Likes

Really impressed with this! The carving is nicely done and the additional hardware certainly fits the theme!

2 Likes

this is awesome!

1 Like

That wood burning is gorgeous! I’ve tried my hand at it before and it’s NOT easy. Looking at this, you’d think it was because it’s done so well!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Dragon Box is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

3 Likes

Yay!!! Thanks!

1 Like

I would never have thought that was one of those premade boxes! It’s really amazing what you did with it. I love the little cushion inside, it’s so cute.

Where did you find the hardware online?

1 Like

It’s beautiful!
You did a great job on it.

1 Like