Dragon Poppet - Monster Jam 2020!

I modified ghilie’s amazing Poppet pattern to make this cute dragon for a friend’s little one.

The fabric is fleece from an old jacket and the wings and spikes were a hideous shirt. The belly was also a very ugly shirt. I love the thrift shop for crafting supplies, you never know what perfect horrible thing you’re going to find!

You can play along with Monsters too!

17 Likes

That’s an awesome rework of the traditional poppet pattern! I especially love the shiny wing details :wink:

2 Likes

He is ADORABLE! So sweet. I love him.
Can I gush some more?
Lol. He really is a great character and I’m sure the recipient will love him (if not, I will :wink:)

2 Likes

What a fun dragon! Great idea to view the clothing in the thrift store as potential fabric for crafts. It was a perfect embellishment!

2 Likes

He has such personality. He’s great. I am also very curious what that shirt looked like that you made the wings out of. Lol!

3 Likes

The fabric for the wings and back ridges is perfect!! He’s adorable!

2 Likes

That’s the cutest dragon!

2 Likes

He’s adorable! What’s crazy is that someone actually purchased the shirt for the wings and spikes brand new thinking it was awesome. Wow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is literally no explaining fashion sometimes. Did you see, acid wash is back in style! That stuff was hideous in the 80’s, nothing’s changed there :smile:.

1 Like

I also love thrift shops for unintended craft supplies!

2 Likes