Dragon Slippers

I made these fun slippers using this dragon slipper tutorial.

Most store-bought slippers won’t stay on LittleBookLover’s feet because he’s constantly crawling around everywhere. He needs slippers with some sort of cuff that will keep them from slipping off.

This project was done with items I had on hand. The fleece came from a couple of inexpensive blankets I had previously purchased for a different project that never came to be. I should have purchased some higher quality fleece, the slippers are already looking a bit ragged after a few days of wear. But, I’m really happy to have them done and on his feet, so in the end, it was worth it.

The dragon ‘scales’ are holographic htv. I used a hole punch to make the little dots and then used tweezers to put them in random patterns. I love how they shine whenever they catch the light!

I’m thinking of making another pair, though I’m going to try and figure out how I can alter the pattern for a better fit. LittleBookLover’s toes are all the way at the front of the slipper, while there’s plenty of empty space where his heel should be. Regardless, I love these slippers and knowing that his feet will be nice and warm when he wears them. He seems to like them too and keeps pointing at the glittery dragon eyes :blush:.

Oh, I almost forgot, the inside sole is made with Sherpa, so nice and toasty indeed!

24 Likes

Eep! Those are so adorable! Maybe my husband needs some dragon slippers… hmmm…

1 Like

He definitely needs some dragon slippers :grin:. The nice thing about the tutorial is that it gives you basic math formulas to make a slipper pattern for any size foot!

Oh, those are fantastic! My sister just mentioned needing slippers for the Montreal chill. I know what she’s getting for xmas!

1 Like

Please make a post if you do make them, I’d love to see your version!

1 Like

These are so cute and look so cozy!

1 Like

These are darling! I’m tempted to try making myself a pair :slight_smile:

1 Like

Goodness these are awesome!!

1 Like

Sooo adorable!!!

1 Like

So cute! Excellent use of rick rack!

1 Like

:two_hearts: Your magnificent project is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

Shut up! Those are adorable!

1 Like

Very cool (or warm, actually :slight_smile: )
I also like the shiny eyes, and would probably be having staring contests with them if I wore these slippers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

So stinkin’ cute!

1 Like

Thank you!!

And thank you all for the kind comments!

1 Like

Oooh I love these, I’d absolutely wear them myself :wink:

1 Like

These are so cute. I love that you made the eyes and scales with the htv. It looks so much cooler than buttons. Bravo on a fantastic project and thanks for the pattern link!

2 Likes