Dramatic book scene contest entry!

Heyyyy it’s been 2 years! So I found out that Peter V Brett was going to be signing books at this tabletop gaming convention less than an hour from my house! Of course I had to go, and I decided to give him my entry. He could NOT have been any more awesome. He kept asking if I was sure, saying “this had to have taken such a long time.” I didn’t expect him to be so excited about it! I got my ARC book signed and he gave me an AMAZING necklace with wards on it. I almost cried. And then later on, he posted about me on social media. The comments are all so sweet. I’m practically floating on air, seriously :face_holding_back_tears:

And then he shared the post I had made with my business profile!

11 Likes

Oh my word, how completely excellent is all of this?! Amazeballs!

1 Like

So so so cool! I’m so happy for you that this went the way it did. Good peeps, good vibes and so much joy. Love it all!

And he’s right- you ARE awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How neat is that! And how lucky is the author to get to be the recipient of such a uniquely personalized work of art! It sounds like he has a real appreciation for the time and effort you put into this.

What a wonderful experience all around!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I bet you totally made his Con.

And BTW, my husband was at Gamehole Con this weekend too!

1 Like

Ah! I love this so much!!! INCREDIBLE!!

1 Like

How cool! I never knew it existed! My family does a game night occasionally and we like to vary it up but we’ve never done any of the story/rpg stuff. I bought a few new games for us to try at the con. I loved that so many independent creators were there! We’re definitely going again next year.

1 Like

This is so cool! How lovely that he celebrated your great work - I love authors who call out the fun stuff their fans do. Yay you!

1 Like