Draw this in your style - LC Edition

Could be really fun!

1 Like

Sounds fun! I’m a bit overextended just now; will eagerly watch and may partake as time allows. Very cool concept.

1 Like

First, how could no one write and tell me I wrote Addition instead of Edition. :rofl: :joy: And I write for a living. Oh my. It was a long day.
Anyhoo, let’s make this happen. I am thinking we can do it as a Craft-a-long. We can have it rolling each month with a new piece of art to draw., If we get ten people or more participating, I will do a random draw and send out an actual prize at the end of each month.
Any ideas on what image we should start with?
If we don’t get any, I can start it off with one of mine, but then it would be harder for me to participate.

What do you guys think? Please feel free to throw in more ideas. My feelings will not be hurt.
Once we decide on an image, I will post the craft-a-long.

5 Likes

Your kitty is adorable but you have to play! So I took some screenshots of some alternatives…. Not sure if this is what you might have had in mind….

3 Likes

I love those! Perhaps we can vote on the first one? I will set up a poll on Monday, anyone can add an image for consideration here and I will give the poll one week for voting and then start the new craft-a-long. Sound good?

3 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

This sounds like a really fun craftalong!

2 Likes

Maybe this could be open to all types of crafting, like amiguri, sculpture, applique…

Have to change the name to “CRAFT this in your style”

5 Likes

You know, I like that idea! It would make it more “LC” too. It could open it up to a lot more people. Let’s do that, Craft this in your style… or do you like “Create This in your style”?

And the “pole” thing was autocorrected. I caught it the second time. There was no excuse for Addition. :roll_eyes: :rofl:

3 Likes

I like these. The third and fourth are already alterations of famous works of art, though, so they already are done in another artist’s style. I will include 1, 2, 5 in the poll because of this.
If anyone else has anything to throw in, let’s keep it to one or two so we don’t have too big of a list to choose from. Pick your favorites to submit. We might use them for other months too.

3 Likes

Here will be my two suggestions.
This image by Benjamin Lacombe

or this one by L’agence Virginie

L'agence Virginie

4 Likes

How about this?

When I said I’d try, I didn’t think you meant masterpieces :joy:

5 Likes

Its a great start, and it would be fun to watch you grow and improve!

1 Like

That was my suggestion for what we could all try drawing.

1 Like

Haha! I think for this challenge we would need more details.

That’s the best I can do with my finger on the iPad.

I’ll stop joking now :smiley: and I really will give this a go.

6 Likes

This is such a fun idea!

2 Likes

What a cool idea!
I’d be interested in a craftalong and might be fun to meet on zoom while drawing/ crafting our individual renditions?
:blush:

1 Like

I started the craft-a-long and set up the poll for our first piece.

4 Likes

I will try, this sounds like fun!

2 Likes