Drawing Anne with an E

I drew this a while ago, after never touching a pencil for a few years, when we finished the first season of Anne with an E.
I really loved the show and I am so sad the show has been cancelled :frowning: we loved seasons 2 and 3.
Hope you can recognize her a bit…

I know I need to up my game in the hair and well other facial parts, but I was proud of it :smiley:It made me do a drawing of my family for my mother’s birthday.
Tips are always welcome!

28 Likes

This is beautifully done

2 Likes

Lovely. I have always been afraid of faces and have two drawings from when I was a teenager of groups of people with no faces. They are kind of freaky. So well done!

2 Likes

I understand you can’t use colour with pencil but I think she’d be more recognizable with her red hair.

2 Likes

You should be proud, it’s really good! You have done a great job with shading the hair, and with the expressive face - I’m looking forward to seeing more drawings!

2 Likes

That turned out so well! Great job!

2 Likes

I can recognize her! What a nice job!

2 Likes

You did a great job! I especially like the nose. Those are hard. If you want a tip, don’t be afraid of going darker. Going darker in the shadows will add more depth.

4 Likes

I can’t give you any tips, only a compliment! Great work! Drawing faces is so difficult! Great job!!

2 Likes

Your drawing skills are admirable–and I’m definitely admiring!

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the show yet but I do recognise the picture :smiley: I think you did a great job with the whole thing, I love the pigtails :smiley:

2 Likes

I think you did a good job with your drawing!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I am glad she is recognizable. If you haven’t seen the show, please do, it made us laugh and cry and sometimes on the tip of our seat!
I am working on another drawing of my niece. Perhaps I should post WIP pics. I love seeing those from others!

@gozer
Thank you ! Indeed! I don’t like noses and teeth!
I will use that tip! B6 is my darkest pencil. Perhaps I should look into an B7 of 8

2 Likes

Great portrait of her!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like