Drunk Space Cat

I made this for the inspiring geekgirl in the Santa Sack Swap. Her themes of “cats in space” and “cats with whiskey” are so fun I decided to combine them.

I painted the space background on a plain piece of muslin, masking off the edge. But because I couldn’t get a perfect masked circle, I wasn’t happy with the resulting lines, so I decided to add the silver fabric frame. I think it gives it a fun retro feel!

The cat image was pulled from the internet and appliqued on in felt. I gave him a space bubble to add to the space vibes, even though it’s not at all accurate. :laughing:

Here’s a slightly different angle to see the plastic for the bubble a little better:

And the back:

This was a fun little project. Thanks for looking! :smile_cat:

29 Likes

This a cute sweet funny ornament! The little happy face with the “Triple X Soda” is giving me grins. I love how you did the space bubble!

1 Like

This is really cool! Loving the combination of materials and textures. Big fan of the space bubble in particular.

1 Like

What a fun mash-up! You captured him perfectly.

1 Like

Cute AND hilarious! I love the plastic helmet and the silver wrapped frame. SO SPACY!

1 Like

Ha! This is hilarious. Fantastic!

1 Like

He looks so happy!

1 Like

Thanks guys! :smile:

I love that you used the plastic to make the helmet! I also love that silver band. It does give it a cool retro feel. Love this!

1 Like

I had to tell my family the name of your project, and then — of course! — they wanted to see it. So funny! Purrrfect mash-up of those themes.

1 Like

This is adorable!

1 Like

This is so adorably silly! I love it!

1 Like

Haha. It is a pretty intriguing title. :laughing:

Thanks all! :blush:

I love different ways to finish off a hoop, so you really delivered with the silver wrap!

What a wonderful addition to @geekgirl 's collection! The bubble helmet is just so cool!

1 Like

:bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell: Ring-a-ding-ding! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

So fun! And I really like the label on the back! Which I know is random, but I appreciate when swap crafts are signed so, YEARS from now, my feeble brain can remember who made what.

1 Like

Once upon a time, a fellow LCer cough @AIMR cough encouraged me to sign my crafts and I do my best to make sure I do so!

1 Like

What a fun mash-up of themes! When I first saw the pics, I fell in love with that space fabric and wondered where you found it. Then to read that you made it!? :open_mouth: Beautiful work!!

1 Like

I did make it! I should have taken progress pics but was too “in the zone” I guess.

1 Like