Dryerus sockiensis

Inspired by the Monster Jam 2020 Monster Jam - April Craftalong
here’s Dryerus sockiensis, the sock-eating monster that lives in the dryer.

Her body is covered in genuine dryer lint. I had to do an emergency laundry load when I ran out.
Lint does not needle felt well; I suspect the fibers are too short. Glue worked.

Her fur is felting fiber, teeth are 3D printed. That’s an actual shred of sock in her beak.

In progress: I started by shaping a foot out of wire, then added an armature and some old pillowfill held on with wrapped thread

plus some Model Magic air dry clay

8f2ed7828ac1d038822736af0f02a7d5fd45ecf8

19 Likes

Oh my gawp, this is AMAZEBALLS!!!

2 Likes

Hoah boy! I’m gonna look twice every time I get lint out of my dryer from now on! She is awesome!

2 Likes

Incredible! Wow!!

2 Likes

She is so cool!!

2 Likes

Holy moly! I knew something was behind the random disappearance of my socks. Thanks for confirming this. Love it!

3 Likes

This is really creative!

2 Likes

So awesome!!! I love the name too. :laughing:

2 Likes

She must have visited our house last night! Glad I missed her, but she managed to snag one of my husband’s favorite grey socks…

I love that she is bright and colorful, but those teeth…

and, how cool that she is made of lint and you used your 3-D printer!

3 Likes

This is simply amazing and magical! What a great creature.

3 Likes

Finally caught on camera! This is astonishingly creative and cleverly constructed!

2 Likes

Thanks, y’all!

1 Like

I like that it is sort of creepy. I’d hate to find that under my washer. It’s super cool!

2 Likes

So impressive!

1 Like

Hahaha, this is so creative, funny, and fantastically done!! <3 Love it!

2 Likes

I’m so glad I don’t have a dryer!! It’s truly scary. But I love seeing all the in-progress pics to understand how you made it.

1 Like

It’s like a little Jim Henson creature! So inspired and unique!

1 Like