Dugtrio Sandwich Trio

So, I don’t think I’ve explicitly mentioned this on LC yet, but I recently got a new job as Translator/Localizer at The Pokémon Company international. Eep! Since then, I’ve been rather Pokémon obsessed! I’ve always liked theme cafés and cute food, so I decided to try to recreate some of the adorable dishes in the puzzle game Pokémon Café Mix. (Can you tell I also just learned how to type “é”?) Diglett has always been one of my very favorite Pokémon, so here is a sandwich version of its evolved self, Dugtrio:

It’s based on this:
dugtriosandwichtrio
which, in turn, is based on this:

Obviously my version is a far cry from the original, but for something I whipped up at lunchtime, I’m happy with it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I hope to make some more, possibly more advanced ones in the future, but this was a quick, easy, and fun start! Also tasty! XD

17 Likes

Super cute! Big congratulations on your new job!

3 Likes

Congratulations on the new job! I think it looks pretty much like the sandwich Dugtrio and it certainly looks very tasty!

3 Likes

Congrats!!! I’m really glad you found such a fun position that’s so you! If they have a staff cafeteria, they really ought to serve these sandwiches.

3 Likes

How fun and cute! Congratulations on your new job!
:rainbow:

3 Likes

Omg, I have to show this to my fiance. He loves pokemon.

3 Likes

That’s super cute, and also super cool job!! I’m so jelly.

3 Likes

Yay!!! Diglet is %100 my fave too! They look delicious :sandwich: :heart:

3 Likes

Wow! Congratulations on your new job :smiley:

3 Likes

Those are adorable - and congratulations on the new job!!

3 Likes

I like Pokemon and I love sandwiches, so this is double awesome :slight_smile:
(and now it’s midnight here and I’m hungry)
Congrats on the new job!

4 Likes

So I showed your post to my daughter, who happens to love Pokémon, and she LOVED it! I don’t think I have the knowledge or creativity to make my own food inspired Poké-creations like you, so I turned to Amazon for help and found this!

We can’t wait to follow your lead and get started!

4 Likes

Oooh, I can’t wait to see what you two come up with! XD

3 Likes

I also showed this to my daughter. She was speechless for a short while, and then went on and on about how Diglett is also this YuoTuber’s favorite Pokemon, and the color of the trio’s noses in the photo, and some other Pokemon related stuff :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Aww, yay! So fun to see how many people love Diglett, too! XD

3 Likes

Ah I have that book! We’ve made a few recipes from it. Like a lot of Japanese recipes it’s a lot of work but the outcome is adorable. :sweat_smile:
Let me see if I have pictures of any…

5 Likes

Oh how cute!! I want to try some too! I think I need to get that book XD

2 Likes

omg, that Psyduck… my patronus is definitely a Psyduck. :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh those are adorable!

3 Likes