Earring Experiments

I’ve gotten into wearing earrings a lot more in recent years, and love coming up with unusual unique danglies to show off at work.

Combining my love of fibery things, I did a couple using embroidery floss.

This is my first time needlefelting something. The pointy tips aren’t that great, but I really didn’t want to stab myself.

And then some beads and findings. My first time doing chainmaille (thanks @MistressJennie for the kit!)

22 Likes

What fun earrings! I love that you used such a variety of materials. I can’t choose a favorite :smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic work! Great job on your first piece of chain mail. I love the needle felted pair. They’re really cool.

2 Likes

Yes! These are all awesome!! Love the needle felted set best but your embroidery floss sets are cool too.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So creative, I love them all! Kudos to you for being such a versatile designer!

2 Likes

They are all great but I really love that first set with the embroidery floss!

2 Likes

Oh, I just adore them! I can’t decide which ones I like best. The first one is definitely fabulous, but that needle felted pair is to die for. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

These are awesome! I love fibery jewelry, and the combination of shapes in the last pair is striking.

1 Like

so much fun. I love how they are all completely different and unique.

2 Likes

Now you know that my fav out of all of them is the orange set! I just purchased a set of different colored crochet thread to try out crocheting around rocks. Do you think that thread would work to make earrings as well? Did you add anything to the thread to stiffen it, or do they hang that nicely on their own?

1 Like

Yeah crochet thread would work just about as well as embroidery floss. I don’t think stiffening the shape afterwords is necessary, but I did use Elmer’s Glue to stiffen it up. But again, considering it’s rather small, I’m not sure it’s required.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply!

They are all so great but the green ones! LOVE!

1 Like

Beautiful earrings! Love the needle felted pair :slight_smile:

1 Like

Super cute! I love the needle felted ones, they look like polka dotted carrots!!

1 Like

I really like the needle felted ones! And the crochet ones. And the chainmail! So many cool earrings!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m itching for some new ones soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Love the needlefelted pair. I gotta try that!

1 Like

WOW! I love all the variety of materials, shapes, colors, etc.!

1 Like