Easter Shirt

It’s a little rumpled from riding in the car for a couple hours.
Simplicity 9274
Fabric is from Hobby Lobby.

I remade the bodice to include darts, redrew the neckline, did a forward shoulder adjustment, and lengthened the sleeves.

22 Likes

Another wonderful, meticulously-crafted creation! Love the pattern, too. I can’t even begin to wrap my head around how you do all the alterations, though.

2 Likes

Pretty! Love the neckline.

3 Likes

What a fun shirt! Your ability to rework a pattern is quite impressive.

4 Likes

That’s so much fun!!!

Your school kids must just love you and your fun shirts! This is awesome!

3 Likes

Those sleeves are great.

Do you have a favorite pattern, yet?

1 Like

@JoyfulClover

I have about 5 in rotation right now.

2 Likes

What a fun shirt!
I like your modified neckline, i think it looks nicer than the original.

1 Like

What is a forward shoulder adjustment? Curious because I have that pattern too. Your version looks better than the image advertised!

1 Like

@gozer With age and hunching from working at a computer, my outer shoulder–where it meets the top of my arm-- has rotated toward the front. Without an adjustment, all of my shirts ride up on the front of my neck and choke me.

For me, I add height to the back yoke near the sleeve, subtract from the front bodice in the same place; and then also shift the “center” point of the sleeve toward the front. My sleeves then hang properly straight down from the point of my shoulder, which is about 5/8" further toward the front than patterns have it.

1 Like

Wow. That is so technical and sounds so complicated! No wonder your shirts look so amazing on you.

1 Like

Congratulations! This adorable and wonderful shirt is a FEATURED PROJECT!
Thank you for contributing to our community. :green_heart:

3 Likes