Easter Socks

Thanks!

@Edel - socks are half the reason I wanted to give knitting another go. They’re a great, quick-ish project and almost instant satisfaction.

1 Like

I have a hate hate relationship with knitting and I can’t manage circular needles- I think the ones I’ve used have always been too long, so I end up with miles of needle to wrestle. Plus I can’t bear when tight yarn squeaks on a needle, so my tension is always too loose.

If I could solve those problems I might be tempted, but I think I might end up with making one sock and never finishing the second.

I’ll just admire yours!

1 Like

When I first tried knitting, I was using my mom’s old aluminum needles. Gave it up for a decade. The second time around, I tried a vintage nylon needle and that wasn’t as unpleasant (for me) as the metal. So, I did some digging into the different needles that were available now (wood, bamboo, carbon fiber…), and test-drove a few. I settled on bamboo and now I’m hooked. No squeaking, clicking, or stitches sliding off. I’m not a fan of long circulars, either, though. Magic loop seems like too much work, so I just use DPNs.

2 cute!

1 Like