Last summer, I bought a couple precut pieces of jersey from Walmart (not my typical fabric store of choice). My girls had been asking for summer dresses and since the fabric was like four bucks a piece, I figured what the heck. Reader, I did not make the dresses last summer.
Fast forward to this summer! I found a tutorial because I didn’t have any patterns suitable for fabric with this level of stretch. This tutorial was sparse on information. I spent a long time studying the pictures and playing with my fabric until I figured out what she meant. Once I understood it, it was super simple, but I wish she had written it a little more carefully for all of us who don’t live in her head. Anyways, here is the result!
DD #2 modeling her dress. The “sleeves” and neckline are just gathered into shape and there is a tie at the waist.
I haven’t made the dress for DD#1 yet because I discovered that the stripes (much more colorful and obvious than this blue one) are printed wonky and even though it was supposed to be a 2 yard cut of fabric, they shorted me half a yard which would make the results of this pattern too indecent. So, contemplating that one.