Easy Shortbread Recipe

My husband loves shortbread. We used to go to a bakery to get it for him but recently found out that the owner is a complete jerk so I decided to make my own. The recipe is SO easy and I love that I had all the ingredients on hand. You can do so much with this dough. It is a great base for lemon shortbread or other flavors.

1 stick of butter at room temperature (1/2 cup)
1/3 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla (1/2 if you want a more vanilla taste)
1 cup flour

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
Add the vanilla and mix together
Add the flour and mix into a ball (you can use your hands if you need to)
Press into a shortbread pan or roll out the dough and cut with your favorite cookie cutter
Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes (until the cookie is golden brown)
Let the cookies cool and enjoy!

10 Likes

I love shortbread too! Who knew it was so easy???

I’m imagining lemon, orange, almond, cinnamon… I guess the only limits would be the flavors of your extracts or essential oils, really…

2 Likes

Thanks to my super prepper husband, I have enough flour for quite a while, but even though I have done everything to preserve it and keep it bug free, I need to start using it up!

I am going to try this…I like a little something with my afternoon coffee!

Ooh… I love shortbread! Thanks for sharing

It is easy. I like to make little balls, press a thumb into them and fill with jam. My favorite is orange marmalade…or cherry…or raspberry. I’m coming over!

3 Likes

What? It’s that easy??? Yours looks super tasty.

I love shortbread. I had no idea it was so easy.

I love shortbread! It’s easy and lasts a long time as compared to other cookies. WIN!

HAHA! TheMisterT started baking breads last last year. A LOT. So come The 'Rona our only option was a HUGE bag; I ended up emptying the beverage fridge’s freezer of almost everything and now it just has all our flours. Cuz, of course he then needed rye, rice, bread, pastry, etc. It’s pretty funny to open a freezer and see a bunch of flours in there!

2 Likes

Oh man! I am going to have to try that next. I have some marmalade in the fridge now.

It looks so pretty! I had no idea it’s so easy to make!