Effin Birds Gallery

@Lynx that’s great you did a strawberry finch. They are so pretty! And a whole book of effin puffins is awesome.

@JoyfulClover so clever to make both items reversible. Love the idea of a Jacobs ladder!

2 Likes

Thanks @geekgirl and @Magpie! It was a fiddly thing, and since there is writing, can really only be seen on way. But I’m pleased with how it turned out!

@Lynx that journal is so good! i am totally wanting to do something like this.

@JoyfulClover the way you got around swearing is SO CLEVER! what a crafty brain you have.

1 Like

Haha! Years of hiding my sweary mouth from my mama!

1 Like

Wow, I love them both so much! I’m floored by the Jacob’s ladder!

1 Like

@curiousfae sent me the best package! She knows I like assemblage so she took a picture frame and made it into an assemblage piece.
It is fantastic!!!

Thank you so much Kelli!

6 Likes

That is freaking awesome!

I wish I could take it into work for my cube (whenever we go back to the office that is) but it would be frowned upon lol

2 Likes

OMG that is the balls! Frikken wicked Kelli, just awesome.

thanks ya’ll! it was totally inspired by @Magpie. she planted the seed in my brain (the tiny pencil for one…)!
my favorite part is the tiny rubber chicken on the upper left side. you would never know that is what it is but now that you do can you see it? lol

fyi @geekgirl i am now always on the look out for tiny things to make these with! thanks for inspiring us with your work.

I thought that was a rubber chicken. Wasn’t positive. Hilarious.
And I love all the bits. the tiny pencil. the safety pin, the screw and washers etc.

I am so happy you ran with this idea, it turned out so completely perfect. I love the phrase, bah ha ha! I think all us stash hoarders can relate!

I didn’t have thus flagged for watching!! It arrived! This is the perfect gift for her!!

I LOVE these lol. <3

I received my fabulous bird creation from @Ludi, it’s just as magnificent as I’ve come to expect from her work.

Look at the gorgeous stitching on this Magpie!

Here it is on a shelf in my craft room with some other treasures. I love it.

Fun fact, this is a bit different from how we say that here, there’s not really any 's at the end of the eff bomb, it’s slurred right in so phonetically I’d leave it off when writing it (in fact, I did on the project I made for Ludi and explained myself in the note). I like that this will always be a colloquial reminder of the variances of spoken language. It’s sort of my favourite part :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is so awesome! That stitching! Those tiny dots. Awesome! I’m fascinated by language, too, hence my degree in Spanish and almost minor in Russian. :slight_smile:

I’m so glad you like it, Magpie!

And here’s the Effin Owl I received from Magpie. I love the puffy little owl. Makes me violate social distance!

effinowl2

Thank you Magpie. I appreciate this Effin Owl so much.

3 Likes

This gallery cracks me up…

But, the sentiments these birds are stating sure hit home…

So much creativity…the owl of lace bits is fantastic…the magpie stitching is so beautiful…

I think the bunting and jacob ladder is so clever…and puffins swearing have to be the best thing ever! ha ha ha

Great job!

2 Likes

I love how you and @magpie used the same saying, and it’s extra cool knowing the background magpie shared about how our country’s write it out. Very cool. The lace with with swear is awesome!

I love to see your stitchwork @Ludi , and all the color. The wings, the mouth, the eye. The extra confetti stitches. Your letters are perfect! I always dread those.

@Magpie it turned out great! All the tissue and paint transformed it! But the owl face is sheer excellence! The tiny scrapped assemblage! Love!

1 Like